TAPE ONE

"Is this thing on?"

A frail boy peeked his head in front of the camera before adjusting the view once more and stepping back to search for any problems. He had poofy brown hair that covered his eyes and curled around in every direction. He smiled before waving someone else over, visibly excited for something.

Another person appeared from the left, blonde hair that slicked down and stopped right at the base of his neck. He had curtain bangs, very well treated. Dark brown eyes that almost could appear soulless, but with such a bright personality you barely noticed.

The blonde clinged onto the others arm, jumping up and down with glee. "This show is my biggest one yet! We're completely booked for the next five shows!" He let his arms go and looked to the sky, reaching for nothing in particular.

"I'm honestly pretty scared to be here with so many people... But I'm happy for you, Rei!" The brown hair said shyly. He put on his best smile, but even with his best friend around, it was hard to not get social anxiety. "Oh, I wish Pepper and Charlie were here..."

Rei paused, putting his arms down and turning back. "Charlie actually hasn't responded to any of my texts for a long time, I think something-"

A loud speaker boomed much louder than Rei, cutting off their sentence. "And now, Rei Young!"

Rei fiddled around for a moment, before grabbing his microphone and heading towards the curtain. "Well, you heard that. I've gotta go!"

Evan waved. "You got this!"

"Thanks, Evan!"

Evan walks out of the cameras view as the curtains open and Rei walks onstage with the same bright smile he left with, clutching his beloved microphone. The crowd booms, cheering and screaming as Rei blows kisses to everyone and waves excitedly. He lifts up the microphone to his mouth and puts the other hand in the air.

"It's been a pretty rough week, but I hope you all are ready for the night of your lives!" He yelled cheerfully, the crowed once again going wild and screaming any sort of agreement. Rei takes a deep breath, closing his eyes for a moment and tuning out everything, everything going accordingly to how he normally starts his shows.

The lights turn off. It's pitch black for a moment, now two. The microphone abruptly drops, a wave of fear washing over the audience. Evan picks up the camera, frantically looking around.

Suddenly, the lights turn a neon red that covers the entire place for miles and washes everything in pools of blood red color. Rei is no longer on the stage, and the only trace left of him is the microphone on the floor right where he once stood.

"No... Rei? REI? Please be joking. THIS ISN'T FUNNY!" Evan chokes, he runs around every room looking for his friend, tears start streaming down his face as asthma starts to build in his throat. He stops at the last room there. With Rei not in it.

Whatever's taken Rei isn't something unfamiliar, and he has a clear idea of what it is. And all from snooping around someone elses property. But he knows exactly who to go to.

Rei is gone, and Evan is next.