Jeff

28 years old. Breakout star in the music industry. I can do no wrong with my enchanting symphonies rich in melancholy complemented by my graceful vocals.

So tell me then, what crime did I commit by being paired with Bright Vachirawit for an upcoming concert? He's a good star in his own right. But really, 2 of us together onstage?! We had such differing styles, it was going to be madness to even think it was possible to pull this off and with only 3 months to spare.

I glared at my manager.

"You better have a good reason for this. Don't tell me he's popular, it will do me good. Not to sound snobby, but if anything, it will do his career good to have me there!"

My manager rolled her eyes at me. "He's a good star. You know that too. The company just feels it will be nice to have a pairing of their choice for a final time before you leave the company. It will be your final ode to the company. Stop fussing. Plus Bright actually agreed to it once he found out it was you."

"Of course. Do you know how infuriating he can be?! I don't even think we can pull it off. He's into R&B and all that jazz. Have you seen his style and mine?!"

Before my manager could reply, a cold calculated voice rang out.

"I was excited to work with you because I thought I can learn alot from you. But all I have learnt so far is, not to be a snob like you P. What the heck is wrong with you? Since you don't want to, we don't have to do it."

I stopped in my tracks and turned towards the door, where Bright stood, watching us. Damn. That kinda went south. I didn't expect him here and to hear me rant.

I watched as he took his guitar and left, my manager going after him and shooting me the most distasteful look she could.

Looks like I was screwed.