puppy love - w.a

In which, you make a plan for Wednesday to fall for you. It works, well kind of works.

There was an unspoken routine between Wednesday and you. It started one night when you were tossing and turning in bed, thinking about the crush you had on the raven haired girl.

You thought long and hard about what to do, eventually deciding to pursue the only idea you had.

And that was how you ended up on the other side of Wednesday's dorm room, feet shuffling nervously as you knocked a few times.

The door immediately opened, but to your surprise a certain werewolf had answered instead.

"Y/N! What are you doing here?" She mumbled, rubbing her eyes and stifling a yawn.

Your nervousness dissipated slightly, happy to see a friendly face.

"I'm here for Wednesday. Do you think she's ready for class yet?" You managed to get out, and watched as Enid's confusion turned into a small smirk. She was the only one who knew about your crush on Wednesday, and teased you relentlessly at every opportunity about it.

"I'll go get her, i'm sure she's ready." And left, but not without one last wink, laughing as blush started to paint your cheeks.

The door was slammed in your face, a bit too hard, probably from the excitement of the werewolf.

After a couple minutes, and multiple sounds of squealing and clapping from the other side of the door, it opened to reveal Wednesday.

"What is it Y/N?" Wednesday gave you an unimpressed glare, making her annoyance about you disrupting her routine clear.

You rubbed your neck and gathered the courage

"I want to walk you to class today." You said quietly.

It was a weird sight to see, you were usually so... confident and sure. You were just another mini Enid, an even more cheerful Enid if that was possible.

And even though Wednesday would never admit it, it pulled at her heartstrings just slightly to see you so vulnerable.

She had grown, not fond of you, god no, in the past few months but sort of comfortable in your presence. Wednesday contemplated her options silently, making you suffer in the silence for a few more minutes.

"I'll allow it."

____________

It seemed like that first day was all the permission you needed, and took it upon yourself to come and pick up Wednesday at her dorm and chat her ear off in between classes.

She started to wonder if maybe she shouldn't have let you walk her that day, but Wednesday couldn't help but feel like maybe it was right. She felt weirdly...nice around you, and didn't mind you talking and rambling at all.

It started off small, little changes that you never noticed. Wednesday would start waiting for you, everyday before class started and looking for you briefly before heading to her next class.

You swore that you could see the tiniest smile play on her lips when you made dark jokes sometimes, but it was gone just as fast as it had appeared. You never mentioned it to Wednesday, in case it made her embarrassed.

On one rainy day, when you had gotten up out of bed particularly slow, headache pulsing through your head.

"Oh god." You muttered to no one in particular, groaning at the pain that shot up your brain.

Wednesday.

You realized with a start, you had forgotten to walk her! Hurrying to put your uniform on, silently cursing yourself for being so stupid, you swung the door open. Determined to catch up to Wednesday and apologize.

What you didn't expect was Wednesday standing in front of your dorm room, arms crossed in front of her chest.

"Where have you been?" She questioned, eyes narrowing at you.

You were about to explain yourself when you stopped short, and said, "Why? Did you miss me?"

There were very little times Wednesday was rendered speechless, but this was one of them. You savored the moment while you could, smile tugging on your lips threatening to break.

"What nonsense. You were late. I expect you to be punctual when you pick me up." Wednesday bit back, but you couldnt help but notice the slight tint of red on her pale cheeks.

"If you had to know, I woke up with a killer headache. I was just going out to see you." You explained, while adjusting your uniform in the mirror. Hey now that you had the time, you had to make sure you looked good.

There was a moment of silence before Wednesday answered.

"Don't do it again. Now, let's get going. Take an advil for that headache."

She turned on her heel and walked off, posture as great as ever.

"Okay, Wednesday." You laughed out with a shake of your head.

_______

You never showed up in front of Wednesday's dorm after that day, instead she was the one to pick you up.

She claimed it was because 'You were irresponsible and late and she couldn't bear to put up with such nonsense' but you knew she didn't really mean it by the way her tone softened and the irritation didn't quite reach her eyes.

After a particularly grueling day of school, you were ready to lock yourself in your room and sleep the next 24 hours off. However, Wednesday had a proposition you just couldn't turn down.

"Do you want to come back to my dorm and stay with me during my writing hour y/n?" She had asked on the way back, you guys shoulder to shoulder, but not quite touching.

You stilled for a moment, unsure if you heard her right.

When Wednesday noticed your change in pace, she cleared her throat and started again, "I mean- you do not have to if you want, it was just a suggestion."

The grin on your face would be considered stupid if you cared for a second how you looked.

"I'd love to Wednesday."

You knew how important her writing time was, and if she wanted to share that with you, you were more than honored.

You and Wednesday both didn't speak when you moved from your spot on her bed to a spot beside her desk, just inches away from her legs.

And you didn't mention anything when she moved her legs slightly to press up against your back.

And you certainly did not say anything when you closed your eyes, and Wednesday thought you were asleep, and softly placed a hand on your head, stroking just a bit as she continued typing away at her novel.

A/N: Hi! First post on wattpad 😞 feelin' spicy. If you have any requests you can message me! or just write them right here, thanks for reading babes <3