It's Only a Friendly Kiss

Yuqi happily sat on her friend's bed. That was until Miyeon snapped her back into reality. "Come on. You know this, Qiqi."

  "Yeah, hold on," she said, intensely thinking. She redid the equation and came up with the same answer. Yuqi sighed in defeat. "I give up."

  "It's okay. You only made a small mess up."

  Miyeon showed her friend the process and how to get the answer. Slowly, Yuqi was starting to get it. The study session was moving along smoothly, but Miyeon was finding it hard not to make a move. She had been crushing on her friends for a few months, and her previous kiss was taken well. So, would another one hurt?

  "Miyeon, did I get this one right?" she asked with a hopeful voice. Her friend looked over the answer and smiled.

  "Yeah, you did it!"

  Yuqi sighed and flopped on the bed. "I think that's enough studying for today. I'm tired."

  "Yeah, you worked hard. Good job." After she said that, she hovered over her friend. "For your hard work," she said in a hushed voice before kissing her friend on the lips. It was unusual for the younger girl. She had never kissed anyone before. The sensation was new, and when she opened her mouth to pull away and say something, her friend slid her tongue inside.

  It was a deep kiss and definitely a new feeling. Yuqi was confused. They were friends, right? Is this how friends kiss?

  Miyeon pulled away and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. They looked at each other for a few seconds before the older girl got off the bed. "I'm assuming you'll be off now."

  "Oh, yeah," Yuqi said, collecting her things. She hesitantly made her way to the door before turning back. "Thank you for helping me. Are we still on for two days from now?"

  Miyeon smiled at her success. Maybe Yuqi liked her back. "Sure."

  With that, Yuqi left the room. On her way home, she had many thoughts running through her mind. She came to the conclusion that that's just how their relationship was. They were just friends who happened to kiss.