𝗶𝗶: why's he talkin' funny?

Start from the beginning

Firstly, she'd have to successfully sneak out without anyone knowing. Which usually wouldn't be a struggle for Olivia but considering the flock of John's children were sleeping on mattresses on her bedroom floor, she sensed there would be a little difficulty.

Olivia would have to detach Katie's arm from around her waist before even making any attempts to go anywhere, which she first thought would be a breeze but quickly came to the realization that her niece had a strong grip. Perhaps Olivia should've been listening when John said his daughter tended to be a bit clingy...

Olivia huffed and stared at the ceiling of her bedroom when she started getting frustrated that Katie would just not budge! While she may have not been a giver of gifts, the Shelby was very gifted in getting frustrated easily at even the smallest things.

Olivia should've also listened to her brother when he said Katie was a light sleeper.

The little girl wrapped her arms tighter around her Aunt, "Stop moving, Livvie."

"Sorry, Katie, I've just remembered that I'd better do something for Tom."

Katie sighed dramatically and squeezed her aunt to the point it nearly hurt, "You can't go now, it's dark out."

"I know, I know, that's why Uncle Tom wants me to go, but you can't tell your dad, okay?"

Katie loosened her grip slightly to stare at Olivia, "Why not?"

"'Cause he'll get upset that I went out at night, but Uncle Tom really needs me to do this. So, can you keep this between us?" Olivia asked.

"Promise me you'll be back?"

"Before you know it." The two smiled at one another and Olivia swore on her pinky that she'd be back before sunrise.

Which was true, Olivia would have to be back before sunrise not only so that Katie doesn't snitch on her but also to avoid her early riser of an Aunt, who seemed to wake up before all Small Heath woke up.

And while the problem of Katie had been solved with the blow of a kiss, Olivia now had to make it past all the drunks in Small Heath on the way to Charlotte's house.

Nevermind the drunks, she had to make it out the window first. Wish her luck, because even the lightest amount of rain from earlier on the day could cause a catastrophic fall.

And Olivia wouldn't be able to live with herself if Charlotte Junia does not receive the best present of her life today.

If Charlotte did not have the biggest smile of shock on her face by the end of this evening, Olivia would class this as a fail. Olivia was not risking her life for a mediocre present, or a mediocre reaction and Olivia had actually risked her life considering she had gripped onto the drain on the side of the house for her life.

Before knocking on her door, Olivia made sure to smooth out her dress and wipe any mud onto the brick of the house. As far as the Shelby knew, Charlotte's family quite liked her - which was quite a rare feeling for the Shelby - so, she did not want to ruin that by dragging mud into the house.

Charlotte's father's eyebrows furrowed when he saw Olivia on his doorstep, but it quickly turned into a smile when he saw the mud on her cheek, "Not even a grounding can keep you away, can it?"