"No, no. Please, I'm so glad it somehow worked out.", he sighed in relief and then smiled nervously.

Another "badump" in your chest had your knees weak. He was so... handsome and yet so pretty too? The gorgeous stranger was exactly your type. For a girl you had always been taller than most of your female classmates since you almost reached 170cm, hence why you had always liked lanky guys the most. You were almost as tall as him. However, right when you wanted to open your mouth again to introduce yourself and also possibly get his name, your shrill ringtone echoed through the night which made both of you jump and him gasp. You couldn't help but find that cute.

"Papa? Sorry, sorry, I'm on my way home already. I'm coming!", then you hung up and realized: Hold on... you didn't know where your new apartment complex even was and you might have gotten lost in the park.

"Uhm... do you... perhaps know which way this is?", you looked up to Izumi and showed him your address on your phone. Sure, this could have seriously backfired, but you didn't get those vibes from Miyamura.

"Hm? Ah... I live there too."

"Heh?! Seriously??"

"Mh, 7th floor. Let's go."

Today was seriously your lucky day and just like that, you got to spend more time with the pretty boy.

Safe to say, when you found out his name and where he attended school, you thought your perfect high school romance unfolded right in front of you. Things couldn't have turned out any better...

Is what you thought.

But you thought wrong.

You didn't mind that Izumi changed his appearance in school, you still found him cute and handsome! Plus, you were very happy when you got the chance to walk to school with him due to you two living in the same apartment complex. Destiny couldn't have been any nicer to you when you even got into the same class as him, however, the first day, you had already realized people treated him... differently.

Maybe it was because you were "the new kid" but people naturally flocked to you and guys were interested in you, despite your efforts to just look and act normal. Since you were naturally just loud and confident, it got you attention. Though you never shied away from interacting with Miyamura the second you had a chance to.

Izumi was happy you didn't ignore him, despite the fact that it also didn't go unnoticed by the people around you. It was only the third day of the new school year and he had to listen to some guys giggling in the corner how the new girl should seriously stay away from a gloomy otaku like him or your reputation would go down the drain as well. That's when it hit him again that he was simply not in your league at all. You only knew them for three days and you fit right in. Well, he couldn't blame them, you were just really... bubbly and nice. So the last thing he wanted was for you to get dragged down by talking to him.

However, you were either oblivious to the fact that everyone whispered behind your back, or you seriously didn't care, because you never stopped engaging with your crush. Izumi didn't know what it was, but he was just thankful, because for once, he felt like he didn't want to be invisible anymore as he enjoyed himself quite a lot when he talked to you.

As for you... You did notice. Even your new "friends" had warned you already that being too fixated on Miyamura could have a bad influence on you, since you were the new kid and all. But you didn't care. Not at all. Honestly, you wore your heart on your sleeve like an idiot. That had always been your problem, you were even aware of that yourself, but you couldn't stop it. People noticed the big fat crush you had on him quite quickly.

And Izumi also swiftly realized that this new happiness he felt whenever he was with you didn't just came from the conversations he had with you. Although, as weeks passed, he realized another thing: His classmates and other students in your grade noticed you as well. And before he even had a chance to work out his own feelings towards you properly, he had to witness you getting confessed to.