Blur

"You will do wonderous things, amore." Ayrton whispered as he hugged Valentine. The moonlight shone upon them as they lay on the rooftop of their home. The stars danced in the sky, celebrating alongside them as they celebrated Valentine's championship win in Formula 3, gaining her the recognition of her dream team.

"Promise me you'll be there with me, as much as you can," Valentine said, mumbling the last bit.

"Valentine, I will be retiring this year. That way I can coach you as you go bigger, cara mia." Ayrton revealed as he sat up, looking out onto the Monaco coastline.

~

Alaina looked at the TV displayed in the garage, headset surrounding her ears, "Bad impact for Senna. At the Tamburello curve. A very serious accident," yellow flags were seen swaying with the wind as her fathers car stood still, completely destroyed. The chaos around Alaina faded out, everyone and everything sounded and felt distant. Her breath stiffened alongside her body. Everyone around her moved around, terrified of the incident, yet she remained, unable to move from her current position.

"Val."

"Papa?" she stated as she kept her eyes glued to the car which held her unconscious father, his whole front wing and right tire gone.

"Valentine!" her body shook as she felt a pair of arms grab her shoulders. "Look at me!" The sound around her sounding normal as she finally realized that it was indeed not her father the one who had called her out.

"Jules?" she whispered, his hands tearing off the headset from her head, then going back to her face, forcing him to look at her. She looked into his eyes, fazed and stunned by the scene playing in front of her. Unable to comprehend what was going on but clearly understanding what was happening.

"Yes, yes. I'm here." he shyly smiled, calming her spirits as she knew he would remain beside her.

This was the last thing she clearly recalls from this day. The rest of it being a blur in her mind, from the run to the Tamburello curve to the ride to the hospital as she sat beside her unresponsive father. She knew from the way the car hit the wall that her father had left her behind in this world. He had finally joined her mother, the love of his life, after eighteen years of being without her. Alaina knew from the moment his car drifted to the wall that the first hole in her heart was formed. Her first star reaching the skies.

~

One year and a couple of weeks later, Alaina once again found herself frozen in place, tormented by the same nightmare. She watch as Jules' car disappeared under the recovery tractor. The fast-speed motion of everyone and everything once again returned. The big blur in her mind becoming a welcoming friend. Her breath and joints simultaneously stiffened once again.

After her father's death, Jules became her legal guardian. She had just turned eighteen two months before her fathers death, legally making her an adult, but Jules could not bear leaving the young girl alone. He had gotten close to her after they met at a kart racing track back in Italy. Their friendship only grew from there as their passion for the sport connected their souls and minds. Their friendship evidently turning into a sibling-like relationship. He took her guardian ship afterwards, seeing the affect her father's death had on her. Though his main concern with her was the fault of grief. She never did cry after her father's passing. She seemed almost terrifyingly calm and peaceful throughout the year. He grieved for her lack of grief.

Now standing in Japan, Alaina had no one to pull her out of that inevitable zone. With her father's death, she had Jules, but now as Jules stood before her father's shoes, she had no one. So she did what anyone in her position would do, numb everything out.

Her second star joining the skies.

Love, A.

~

This first chapter is short but it is just to set up the story.

I have a story line sort of set up for this book. Hope you are all as excited as I am!