3. 𝑾𝒆𝒍𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝑯𝒐𝒈𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔

1st person POV:

Now with my father gone, I had to figure things out on my own. I walked on over to the train station with a huge load of school supplies I could barely pull around on my cart. As I entered the train station I saw almost a million people scrambling to get to their destination. I looked down at my ticket to see I had to be at platform "9 3/4". Huh. Didn't know platforms could have fractions...I looked around to see if anyone else was just as confused as I was and as I scanned the station I spotted an entire family of 6. A mother and her 5 kids who were all ginger. But trailing behind them was a small boy about my age. Instead, he has dark hair and circular glasses. Must be a friend of one of the ginger kids. He seemed to be a first year who was also confused on where to go, so I ran up behind the line of gingers and a singular brunette to see what they were doing. Suddenly, two of the eldest kids started going full speed into a brick wall! I closed my eyes but didn't hear a crash or anything. Why..they went right through it! One after another, all of the gingers disappeared into the wall. Next came the brunette. He looked scared, but made it through. As I got ready to enter whatever kind of dimension the others went into, I pulled my hair back behind my ears, and started to run. I ran as fast as I could and prepared for damage, but as I looked up from my cart of supplies, I had realized I was in a totally different station. A station full of wizards. As soon as I saw the big steam engine I got on and picked a seat. As I was looking through the different rooms on the train, I spotted the small brunette boy with circular glasses from before. I peered into his room, which he seemed to be sitting alone. "Hello . . . is it alright if I sit with you?" I asked quietly. When expecting "no" as an answer, the boy replied, "Of course!" and gestured for me to sit in the seat across from him. We sat in silence for a bit. Not an awkward kind of quiet, but also not particularly a comfortable one. About a minute of no eye contact and wall admiring went by until one of the younger red headed boys came by our room. "Excuse me. Do you mind? Everywhere else is full." I smiled while the brunette boy replied, "Not at all."
"I'm Ron by the way. Ron Weasley."
"I'm Maeve. Maeve Albatross."
"And I'm Harry. Harry Potter." The brunette replied.
Ron gasped. I can't believe I didn't see it before. The one and only Harry Potter was sitting in a train cart with me. Although, he wasn't at all what I thought he would look like. For someone so famous, I wouldn't expect him to be wearing clothes as torn as his. Clothes like mine.
"So . . . is it true? I mean . . . do you really have the . . . the . . ." Ron said pointing to his head expecting me and Harry to have any idea what he was talking about.
"The what?" Harry asked.
"The scar."
"Oh." Harry smiled and scoffed as he lifted his hair off of his forehead to reveal the lightning shaped scar that was just like everyone had described it to look like.
"Wicked!" Ron replied amazed.

"Anything off the trolley dears?" An old woman asked with a cart full of treats.
"No thanks . . . I'm all set." Ron said
"Maybe a water? Unless it costs anything." I asked
Harry looked at the of us, then spontaneously said "We'll take the lot." And pulled out a handful of gold coins. Nothing like I'd ever seen before.

One after another, the old woman delivered all different sorts of treats to the three of us. Fizzing Whizbees, Exploding Bonbons, Bertie Bots Every Flavor Beans, and even Chocolate Frogs.
Ron and I chatted for a bit about the cards we'd collected from Chocolate Frogs. Of course Ron had twice as many as I did but it didn't bother me.

"So Maeve, you been thinking about trying out for the quidditch team?" Ron asked.
"Possibly. Why?" I replied.
"Well because of your mum."
I sighed. "What about her?"
"Don't you know? She's a quidditch champion!" Ron exclaimed.
"My mother? No. She's way too proper for that kind of stuff."
"I'm telling you. She's one of Beauxbatons best players of the century."
"What position would I play for anyways?" I asked.
"Well it mostly depends on what house you're in, but I know Fred and George said that Gryffindor is looking for a seeker, both Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff are low on beaters, and Slytherin is looking for a good chaser."
"Hm. I'll keep that in mind. What about you, Harry?"
Harry had been looking out the window. He seemed to have been in deep thought. If I hadn't said his name, he probably would have kept looking out at the world for a good 2 hours.
"Quidditch? Oh. I don't know much about it really."
"That's alright. I can teach you." Ron tried to explain the rules of quidditch to Harry, but Harry had seemed very lost and confused as to what the hell Ron was saying. Every now and then, Harry would be shocked to hear something about flying brooms, aggressive quaffles, and injuries that could lead to underage student's death.