Part Twelve

The three occupants of the car sat in silence as Steve walked toward where Sharon stood, leaning against her black vehicle. Kat had woken up just as they'd arrived, automatically looking to her side, as if she expected Bucky to have disappeared. Her dreams had consisted of constant reminders of her past, but she felt relatively rested, so she knew she must have slept decently. 

The blonde woman had apparently stolen Steve's shield and Sam's wings back from the CIA, risking being arrested and detained. Kat had noticed a slight blush on the captain's cheeks, and Sam had shoved him, wiggling his eyebrows, only resulting in a bashful smile, and an eyeroll. 

Bucky moved uncomfortably in the back seat, his legs looking cramped behind Sam. Kat glanced at him, a small crease between her eyebrows. Her gaze snapped back to where Steve was sending Sharon a shy smile, and a sigh slipped from Kat's lips, immediately gaining the two men's attention.

"This seems like a waste of time." She commented, and Sam rolled his eyes. 

"Have you never felt attraction before, Spok?" Kat cocked her head, eyes meeting Sam's brown. 

"I was held captive and trained to be a assassin since I was twelve, you tell me." Sam stared at her blankly, the pair conducting what looked to be a stand off. 

"Can you move your seat up?" Bucky asked, breaking Sam's concentration. 

Sam looked him up and down before turning back to the windscreen. "No." 

The three of them watched as Steve placed his hand on Sharon's neck, pulling the woman forward and connecting their lips. Kat watched silently, her attention not breaking until Bucky was clearing his throat, grabbing Kat's gaze. The pair made eye contact, and Kat felt heat crawl up her chest. 

Kat knew what human emotion was, despite what Sam insinuated. She felt pain, she felt joy, and inherently, she felt attraction. Bucky's gaze was like fire dragging over her skin, igniting goosebumps in its wake. Kat subconsciously licked her lips, and Bucky watched in fascination, as if he yearned to lean forward and do the same. 

The moment was disrupted as Steve opened the trunk, throwing their belongings inside. Kat's head snapped forward, her eyes staring at the back of Steve's head rest as he climbed into his seat. Steve cleared his throat, his cheeks tinted red at the attention from his teammates. Sam smirked raising his eyebrows, Bucky's expression nearly mimicking it. Kat stared blankly at him, as if the longer they sat there, the more inconvenienced she was.

"Er, so Clint is getting Wanda and Sam's link-" Steve started, turning the key and igniting the vehicle's engine. "We need to be getting to Siberia, but I don't think it'll be as easy as walking into the airport and catching a domestic flight." 

"That's really smart Captain Rogers." Kat said blandly, her expression unwavering. 

Sam's mouth was twitching to hold back a laugh, having to hide his face in his shoulder to halt any laughter from spilling out. Bucky cleared his throat to hide his own chuckle, and Steve just stared at Kat with zero reaction. 

"Was that sarcasm-"

"Clearly." Kat interrupted. "My guess is your friends have one of those quinjets at the German Airport, we get there, take it and make our way to Siberia." Kat said, as if she'd thought the whole thing out hours ago.

"They'll most likely try and stop us." Steve said, sighing as he pulled away from the overpass. "Wouldn't surprise me if they had recruited some more people." 

"King T'Challa seems like a potential threat." Kat said, rolling her neck, ignoring the concerned look in Bucky's eyes. 

"He is dead-set on getting Barnes, dead or alive."