𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 18

♫ Ask for help, you call it weakness
Lied and promised me my freedom ♫

Sofia Morales POV

Going to meet Carlos yesterday was a mistake. I was led by alcohol. I hope that was cleared up. I got up from my bed and went to the kitchen. I was making breakfast when I heard his voice out of nowhere.

"Good morning" He says and I see him sitting on the couch. Did he sleep on my couch?

"What are you doing here?" I ask confused.

"You locked the door and ran with your keys. I didn't have much of a choice" He says getting up with just his boxers on and I turn around.

The alcohol had nothing to do with my decision, I admit it. What a man. Why is this happening to me?

"Hm. I will try to find the keys. I am sorry" I say basically running to my room. Where else would I hide them?

"Can we talk?" He asks as I show up with them in my hand. They were in a drawer, the one where I keep my underwear. Fucking Christ.

"I guess" I say sitting down in front of him. He had a plate of his own on the table now. Getting too comfortable.

"I didn't reject you because I don't want to. I don't think this is the right thing to do for both of us. This will only complicate things that are too complex" He explains calmly as he ate some of the pancakes I had been making before he got up.

"You told me that last night. There is no need to repeat it with fancy words or extra words. I am not stupid. I was drunk. I said whatever came to my mind. You know how I get" I say indifferently and I eat my breakfast.

"I still love you Sofia. I can't do this, I can't pretend like sex is just sex. Nothing is that simple with you around. I probably shouldn't have come back but something came out of it. Things are cleared up and some closure was found. I no longer think I was cheated on and you are no longer the bad guy. Everyone made mistakes. Everyone is being seen by professionals because therapy is not only for the weak. This made a huge difference in those around you"

I am caught by surprise as he said it. I never thought our families would go to therapy. They are very prideful as you may have noticed. I am shocked because my parents didn't mention it.

"You have come to terms with what happened in some way. I know why you didn't tell anyone. You could've but you made a choice not to. But you were afraid of being blamed, of being seen as weak, scared of not being perfect. I never loved you because you were perfect. I love you because you are you. That was always enough. I know love isn't enough to make a happy story but I will always be here in whatever you need me. I wish you the best even if I am not it" His voice was truthful and it was making me feel things.

This is the Carlos I know. Not the arrogant one. This is it. And I love him so much.

"We are unfixable, aren't we? We were always meant to lose. 5 years should've been good enough. Most people with your money and power marry exactly for that. For more money and status. You were never meant to be mine. I was always going to be the one losing" I say locking our eyes and he shakes his head.

"You were always meant to be mine. I don't care about any of it. Neither did my family. We were never about it. We were superior. What we had was love. It was staying in and watching a movie. It was a rose and a dirty note on the fridge. A night out with friends or a vacation. It was everything. You could've been broke and I would've chosen you. Fuck. I would rather be broke than to lose you" The pain in his voice made me almost cry.

"We should keep our distance to prevent further unnecessary damages. I'm sorry for only revealing it now. I hope you can all make peace with it. Things happen, what happened is not what we are. It is what it is. You will be just fine without me Carlos. You did just fine" I drink the rest of my juice as he followed my every movement.

"I'm not going to push it because I know where the line is. But I didn't do fine without you. I barely survived it. Nothing was enjoyable. I didn't take a single vacation, I stopped watching the sunset because you loved it and I have 300 pictures that you took of sunsets. I haven't been in the yacht I proposed to you since the moment we left it in the harbor. I stopped living, I am just barely surviving. I used to work and go home. Now it's the same but I can be with my family every time I feel like it's getting too much for me" Carlos gets up from his seat and start putting his suit on.

"I don't have anything to tell you Carlos. We shouldn't be speaking about it because we can't change it. You will meet someone new and you will love her even more than you loved me" I say as he headed to the door and I unlock it for him.

"That is impossible cariño. We both know that. Have a nice weekend. I will see you Monday" He says looking down at me and I nod.

"See you. Sorry about locking you inside"

He left and I locked it up again. The weekend was a quick one. And so were the next few weeks. Out of nowhere, I received an invitation to a charity event with only the richest people in Spain. The Sainz was obviously going, my family was too and I was invited once again.

I used to always show up. And now my parents asked me to show up for the family, I think they want me to get comfortable in public. We have been hanging around a lot. The Sainz joined a few times, Carlos kept his distance but people in that circle knew our history. This was a recipe for disaster.

Mr. Arrogant ✞ Carlos Sainz Jrजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें