Eventually reaching her destination she parked at the curb before thrashing the seat belt off. The rain was still cascading down. This made her worry more. Scared as to where her daughter had disappeared, she stood in front of the skateboard park. She had hoped that Deiji was here.

Unlucky to her, she wasn't. She was nowhere.

Tilting her head up to the sky, Joo ri felt her eyes burn with anguish. She hoped the tears of the crying clouds that complemented her emotions would wash her anguish away. But instead, it just deepened her despondency. "Where are you?" she cried out quietly. Her daughter was all she had left and she didn't want to lose her as well.

The familiar feeling of lonesome entered her beating soul again. She refused to accept it. It was the darkest time in her life and she did not want to step back in it again. 

Maybe it was God calling. Her prayers being answered. 

A second ago, all she could see above was the midnight sky with no moon. But it all changed when a sharp strike of lightening fiercely stretched far beyond, brightening the world below. At that mere second, Joo ri captured the sight of the heavy downpour that fell onto her. All she could think about was Deiji. 

Just at the thought of her daughter sent a thunderstorm rattling through the grey clouds. And that was when a ringtone mixed with nature's scream. The vibration hit the side of her tight, buzzing eagerly.

A melody that answered her cries.

Dragging her feet into his room, Deiji rolled up the sleeves of Sungchan's hoodie as it was too big. His mother kindly lent a pair of her leggings knowing that her son would have nothing to small to fit her.

Looking up from his phone, he noticed her petite figure walk in. She was swallowed in his clothes. Clearing his throat, Sungchan looked away and stood up from the edge of his bed before pulling out the revolving chair that sat in front of his desk.

With a swift move of his hand he told her to take a seat to which she quietly did so. "My mum called your mum saying that you'll be staying here tonight" he stated while plugging in the hair dryer. Standing right behind her, he gazed down at the girl to find her not squeaking a word.

Sighing he respected her feelings and did not push her to talk. Instead he let tranquillity set between them and only allowed the hair dryer to bellow out. Truthfully, Deiji wasn't in the mood to do anything at all. But Sungchan refused to let her go anywhere but the bathroom as soon as she landed on their first floor. He ordered her to take a warm shower in case she catches a cold.

Wandering her sight around, she distracted her taunting brain by flickering through the posters and notes that stuck to his wall. Sadly, it made her headache worse. The only thing that soothed it was the hot air that gushed against her scalp by the dryer.

The sensation came to an end when Sungchan switched it off and placed it on the desk before dropping himself on the edge of his bed once again. Reaching his arm out, he twisted the chair around before pulling her towards him. She sat there right in front of him staring blankly as the boy carefully tucked a few strands behind her ear.

Patting the top of her head he straightened any flying stands before focusing his sight onto her. She was extremely silent. Not her usual talkative self where she non stop blabbers on about random things. He loved hearing her strange thoughts and stupid theories on absurd subjects. Like when they were having a picnic this one time and she randomly asked why cows fart methane and not normal farts like humans. His laughter did not stop for the whole day. It was just so her. It's like she has her own world. But this right here . . .is not her. And it hurt him to see that she wasn't herself.

Sighing, Sungchan held her hand softly in his and slowly made her stand up on her feet. Directing her to sit against the headboard of the bed, Sungchan wordlessly placed the tray of food opposite the girl. "Mum gave it when you were in the shower"

Eyes lifting off the tray of food, she momentarily looked at him before facing outside the window where the rain continued to drastically fall. Noticing her repudiating, Sungchan's manner began to divert away from his gentle nature. "You're not going to eat?"

Not even glancing over to answer him wholeheartedly, the girl just shook her head. One thing he did not allow was for her to starve her emotions away. He understands that she isn't at the best of her mental state but not eating was something he will withhold to let her get away with.

Picking up a spoon of rice, Sungchan brought it closer to her lips in hope that she would give in. But Deiji had always been the mulish type. "I know that you're upset and mad. But don't show it on your food and starve" he expressed in a distraughtly.

He waited a few seconds, keeping the spoon close to her mouth. However realising that she wasn't giving in, he placed it back down. His strong act faltered away, figuring out how to get to her. But she seemed to have something else on her mind.

"Sungchan, why isn't she telling me?" she tiredly questioned with no spirit behind her words. Her lifeless voice said it all. 

She had enough

Facing the duvet, Sungchan couldn't look at her at all. "I don't know" He wished that he knew in order to help her feel better. But it was impossible. There was so little he could do.

"Will I ever meet him?" she croaked out. Darting his orbs to her reddened ones that faced him, he could visually see her attempt to keep her sorrow inside of her. She didn't want to let it out.

Gritting his teeth, he just stared deep into her eyes unable to answer. Letting out a disheartened exhale, he placed the tray back on the bedside table. Pulling the duvet over them both, Sungchan sat right beside her, back against the headboard.

Shutting his eyes close, he carefully pulled her into his chest as he rested his arm around her shoulder. The comfort he surrounded her with gave her reassurance and love that she wished to receive from a particular someone else. 

But it was more than enough to let it all out. The rhythmic heartbeat she could feel on her cheek and the soothing warmth he provided . . .

It didn't take long until he heard the faint whimpers leave her soft lips. A cold sensation hit his chest. Yet he didn't care. Even if his whole shirt was filled with all her tears, he was willing to remain on the spot. He was happy to absorb all her pain.

Pressing his lips on her forehead, he tenderly placed a kiss before leaning his cheek on top of her head. Caringly patting her smoothly he held her tight in his hold.

 Caringly patting her smoothly he held her tight in his hold