✩ Chapter 4 ✩

Zacznij od początku

"That may be how we view each other. And that's the reason why this fighting never stops, isn't it? If we can just understand each other then maybe..."

"Peace cannot be formed between these two words. I'm sure of that, Y/N."

Deep down, you knew she was right. But you simply wanted to let Nakime know you didn't want to harm her. You were badly in need of a friend, after all.

"I know but I hope you won't view me like the others, Nakime. I know I've killed many of your kind but I don't feel like hurting you. Same goes for you, I believe deep down you're a kind person, right?"

You honestly didn't know why you felt this way towards an enemy but you felt comforted with her around so you trusted her.

"Of course, Y/N. I'll be here when you need me. And I'm sorry it seems but I have to go now."

"Sure, thanks for helping me with the wounds too, Nakime."

"No problem."

Once she left, all you saw was the darkness around you again.

***Mini Timeskip***

After several hours, the door opened again and instead of the comforting presence from Nakime, you felt your heart beating quickly. 

Ugh, I gotta get used to this guy I guess.

"So, Y/N. It seems like your legs are better, hm?"

You rolled your eyes.

"Yeah, it's gonna get worse in a bit thanks to you, though."

You heard Muzan chuckle and in a split second you felt a pair of hands push you backwards to the wall making you hit the wall hard. You were still sitting down and had your legs outstretched in front of you as you tried to catch your breath while Muzan was in a kneeling position to keep you in place. You heard Muzan's voice extremely close to your ear making your body tingle. 

"Shall we start?"

You grunted as you tried to get out of Muzan's grasp but it was impossible to.

"Don't fret, I won't hurt you if you answer me well."

"What do you want to know now?"

"About your pathetic job. Tell me, where can find Hashiras like you?"

You scoffed and rolled your eyes.

"There's no other Hashira like me except for the one you're staring at, duh."

"Nice answer but you know what I mean, dear."

You felt the hand on your left shoulder shift to your neck, caressing it slowly which made you tilt your head backwards, hitting the wall. You felt Muzan's long nail graze your neck slowly making you gulp.

"If you don't answer me I'll make a beautiful long mark on this neck of yours. Sounds good, doesn't it?"

You were definitely at a dead end and you knew a hit to your neck could be fatal. It was a situation between life or death. 

"Well..."

His nail poked your neck, making blood drip down and you trembled.

"Well?"

A million thoughts were going through your mind. You weren't sure if you should answer honestly, brush the question off and get your neck sliced, or... you could lie. You knew he said he knew if you were lying but you decided to give it a try. You gulped and answered him while trying to give it your best performance.

"W-we live at the foot of Mount Fujikasane."

"Mount Fujikasane...?"

"Y-yes, it's a beautiful mountain and we use it for training. On usual days we just live at the bottom, though. It's easier to get supplies that way. Please believe me."

"Hmm..."

You knew Muzan was thinking whether your words were to be trusted or not. It wasn't the best answer you could give but that was all you could think of at the moment. Thankfully, the final selections won't be held in a few months time so hopefully no Demon Slayer would be around there. 

"Alright then, if you say so."

He retracted his hands from you and you sighed in relief as you hung your head down. He then stood back up in front of you and dusted his hands off but his eyes never left you. You knew Muzan might get suspicious if you didn't put up an act so you quickly changed to a kneeling position and bowed down. You also knew you needed to shed some tears to make your words more convincing. So you thought of the wonderful memories with them, how your father taught you how to use a katana, how your sibling liked to tease you, and their final moments before...

"P-please don't kill them, if you could bring them here like you did with me..."

"Oh, I won't kill them. not all."

"Please, just don't hurt the little ones. They don't deserve it, they barely killed a demon in their life. I beg you..."

"I'll see what I can do, my love. Now if you excuse me, I have some work to do."

Soon the door closed and you sat back against the wall. You sighed as you wiped a tear from your eye.  

I never wanted to think of that memory again...

A/N: NAKIME BESTIEEEE (❤ω❤) Yea ik a few parts are weirdly worded but I hope you understand :D And (SPOILER) if you're wondering why Nakime isn't a upper moon yet well that's since this takes place somewhere during the Entertainment District Arc~ (・∀・*) And if it isn't clear enough Mt Fujikasane is the mountain where the final selection takes place. It's where the demons are in and they cannot leave thanks to the wisteria flowers around the mountain. So let's see how Muzan's going to react when he gets there... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)