Chapter 1.

Shelter in the Deep

She prayed to her God,
The one she believed in,
In hopes he'd take her suffering away.
Not that it was possible, but she was a human.
So she had no choice but to hopelessly hope, since that what's humans do...

She still could not understand why she thought that hope was meaningless and only graves someone's heart to a painful death,
as they told her,

Hope was like a soul.
It comes when ur at the dreadful moment of falling, when believing has no rhythm but yet to avoid losing faith in life, you cling to something called Hope'
it brings u up to the sky...
Only to shatter u into dust,
it suffocates u, and make u feel like u can't survive without it,
and makes u believe in things that will never come to life.
Most especially your deepest dreams.

Once realized, it break's your soul down. And your body follows.
just like loving some........

Her mind shifted,
and her senses rang with alarm but her body remained calm and paid no heed to the sudden change of atmosphere,
She picked up a familiar scent, yet she couldn't quite put a name to it,
but it reminded her of Roses & Poison.

Poisoned Roses...

Her Ears stung and her heart leaped out of curiosity but her mind stayed untempted alongside her body. Curiosity was man's downfall and she knew better.

Just then the candles on the church altar blew off and the warmth of the room disappeared, now all she felt was a spine-chilling ashy cold.
All the windows in the church were closed, so it had to be something supernaturally powerful
'she thought' that had changed the force of nature just to bend it onto its order?
The strange feeling of ice-like freezing air got even worse, but she still kneeled on the floor' her eyes closed and her head bowed down' meditating calmly amidst the disturbingly inviting aura.

At that moment she knew what was going to happen. She felt it,
She felt him, to be more precise.

He had come again,
Came to convince her to end her miserable lonely life off earth...

He walked towards the alters, as slow as the devil Himself, his footsteps silent as the breeze that flows in the deep forest.

Though she still stared at the holy Mother Mary statue on the alter of the church, she could still see from the corner of her eyes his hellacious gaze focused on her.

How she hated those sinful eyes,
even when he's in one of his far kingdoms away from Earth, she could still feel his enchanted eyes trained on her'
Always close by waiting for that precious day he would take her body & flesh to his home "hell"

He had her soul already,
but torturing her soul in hell had no meaning to him.
Since souls couldn't bleed or cry it didn't bring any type of excitement to have a soul without its body.
But that didn't change anything. He was going to hunt her for even if it took an eternity to get what he so long desired...

Dear friend how many more hundreds of years will I need to endure you remorse yourself'......

ENOUGH!! She shouted!
She stood up from where she was kneeling and turned to face him.

A smile crept its way through his face as she silenced him from going further with his screed torture.

She could not bear his hurtful words anymore, he had hurt her so much all those years with his selfish choices that put her in such engraved situations she couldn't dig out of,
So she remained there...

Buried with her pain screaming under her skin,
But now every word he said for some reason just didn't seem to hurt anymore.

Perhaps she was getting over the pain he caused by drowning herself in more pain.
Still, his words didn't inflict new wounds anymore,
instead, they engraved and carved their way as knifes diving into old wounds & deep cuts trying to mend of never-ending pain, therefore causing them to never heal.