3

Smiling brightly I thanked the staff member who guided me to the RedBull garage.

"No worries" she whispered smiling while she walked away as she noticed where my gaze lingered. I walked towards max who was seated on a chair looking through his phone. I cleared my throat as I stood directly in front of him.

He looked up and frowned when his eyes found mine.
"You're here" he sighed
"no need to sound so excited princess" I mused holding out my hand. He reluctantly placed his hand in mine expecting a handshake. I leaned in and pressed a kiss to the back of it. Giggling at the shocked expression gracing his features.

"You are intolerable" he pulled his hand away standing up. I smacked the back of his head while speaking in Dutch quietly.
"talk to me nicely asshole, your team is supposed to think you like me"
"it's not my fault you make it impossible to like you, even if it's acting" he smirked as he looked down at me
"you're such a bitch" I whispered rolling my eyes

"Takes one to know one lehan." he laughed

"Call me that again and I swear I'll tell the whole world you cry everytime you watch a romcom." I threatened
his eyes widened and he looked around as a light blush adorned his cheeks
"You wouldn't."
"I don't think you want to risk it maxie." I smiled slyly

"I hate you." he huffed in dutch

"I love you too sweetheart"
I switched back to english to make sure the team members heard me say it. He began heading towards his driver's room and motioned for me to follow him. After closing the door he turned to me and looked me dead in the eyes.

"Why did you agree to marry me?"
My cheeks burned under his gaze, uncomfortable with the intensity of his blue eyes. I looked around the drivers room and walked towards the small couch located close by.

My heart frantically thundered in my chest, it's ridiculous how nervous those pretty blue eyes make me. Making myself comfortable on the couch I gestured for him to join me. He shook his head as he rolled his eyes and I fought the urge to kiss him then and there.

"You get on my nerves"
"What can I say? It's one of my many talents"
He gave me a look as a smirk made it's way up my face. He looked so handsome, for a second I felt as if my heart would burst.
"It's your only talent haneul"
"No need to be so mean Maxie, we both know your only talent is being dumb enough to drive stupid cars around a track"

I knew that was a low blow, a little dumb even but everyone knows the best way to get to max is through racing. Although I'm famously horrible at roasts of any sort. I regretted it as soon as it left my mouth.

"You are so uncool. your lack of humour never fails to surprise me"
"I love it when you insult me, it gives me butterflies in my stomach" I smiled widely at him as he rolled his eyes. I could see the frustration grow so I decided to change topics.

"Let's just talk about the elephant in the room"
"Why did you agree to marry me?"
"I need good PR"
"Same here"
I looked up at him squinting my eyes at his response. He was giving me nothing to work with. I mean "same here" come on!
"Why do you need good PR?"
"Being in a long term relationship makes me look good, it's good for my career"
"You've been in a long term relationship before max, it hasn't even been a year and you think marrying a girl you've never been seen with will be good PR?"
"Father says it'll be good, besides what's it to you? all you need to know is that I said yes"

I was hoping max had a better reason for doing this. Just hearing him talk about his father made a small flame of anger grow within me.
"Max I'm not in the mood to argue with you. Let's talk about how we'll get through this."
"And I'm not in the mood to be within 10 feet near you but I don't really have a choice. Look, we need to have some ground rules."
"Finally something we can both agree on"