Grocery Store

"You're going, and that's final!" Maddie yelled at me. 

"But why?" I asked whinning.

"Because you need to go out more." I rolled my eyes even though she couldn't see me. "I know you rolled your eyes at me, lady." Can she read minds? I checked the window to see if she was outside the window of my appartment. "Just..." she sighed, "okay seriously? It'll be fun! We can dress up and everything. I sighed in frustration. I was quiet for a bit, so was Maddie, "I'll take you out to dinner." she sang through the phone.

"Fine! Only to get you off of my back. And for free food." I replied. "Where are you taking me though?"

"Somewhere you'll really enjoy okay? Yay, I'm so excited! I'll be over at 3 okay?" Maddie hung up the phone and I huffed a sigh again. What does she mean I don't go out enough? I go out....you know for... stuff. Maybe she's right. Whatever.

I walked to mine and my roomate's kitchen and and opened the fridge. We were running low on some food so I decided to go to the store. I had black nike sweats on with a white tank top on that said ARMY across it. I grabbed my black converse, my blue and white letter jacket, and my black shoulder bag. (To the side!!) I put my iPod on to listen to my Disney playlist. 

I get to the store and there's not a lot of people. I hate dealing wiht people sometimes. I grab a basket only because I won't be needing a lot of things. I'm in the soup aisle now and I turn to my left to continue on, but I bump into someone. 

"Oof," I couldn't help but grunt. I pulled my earbuds out and quickly apoligize. "Oh, God. I'm so sorry."

"Oh, no. I'm sorry, I should've been watching where I was going. You wern't --I mean I wasn't looking." he stammered clearing his throat at the end of his sentence. I noticed he was a bit taller than I was and he had short hair. We stood there for a while and I felt a little a bit awkward. "Are--Are you listening to Go the Distance? From Hercules?" he asked.

"What?" I asked.

"I was--I can hear that song you were listening to, is it Go the Distance from Hercules right?" he asked. I noticed that my music was still playing, quite loudly at that. I turned my music off.

"Uh, yeah, I really like Disney stuff." I said randomly.

"Well that's cool, I actually like some Disney too, I'm actually in this singing group and we'll be singing tonight, I think you should go, who knows? maybe we'll sing some Disney?" he said with  a slight laugh, more awakward than anything. I gave a chuckle and he said goodbye. I realized that he was actually cute. No, stop. You need to focus on school, then relationships.