t h r e e

riley: mackenzie frances ziegler

mackenzie: what?

riley: u r not just tired

mackenzie: what?

riley: i saw ur scars when you did ur hair up and ur sleeves rolled down

mackenzie: riley im honestly fine

riley: that's it im coming over

Riley's POV

I got out of my bed and I storm downstairs throwing on a red and black flannel over my pajama pants and t-shirt. I throw on some black vans and I grab my penny board.

I quietly exit my house as to not disturb anyone sleeping. I started the short route to Mackenzie's house still angry at her for not talking to me about it.

I was still fuming when I reached her house. I quickly climbed the tree (cliché I know) that just so happened to go up right next to her room on the second story of her house. I banged loudly on the window as to wake her mother so she gets in trouble. Just kidding, her entire family tends to sleep like logs.

Mackenzie opens the window and shushes me before offering me inside. "Mack, you can't just scare me like that" I tell her. "Like what?" she asked. "Well, I had a freaking panic attack over your health and safety." I grabbed Mackenzie's arm pushing up her sweatshirt sleeve. I began crying. I ran to her window and climbed down the tree, still weeping. I had forgotten my penny board but I didn't care. I ran back to my house crying, and thinking "How could Mackenzie do that to herself? How does she hide it during dance? Does she have cuts anywhere else?" I slipped into my house and slowly walked into my room, crying myself to sleep.

mackenzie: riley

mackenzie: riley i'm so sorry please answer

mackenzie: i promise i don't have any more cuts

mackenzie: u left ur penny board...

mackenzie: well night i love you