𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐫

Start from the beginning

Rhaerys rubbed her swollen belly for comfort. "Thank you, Ser Lorent."

He bowed before leaving.

"Princess Rhaenys, might we hope for news of Lord Corlys' recovery." Rhaerys asked. She knew of the news that the Princess had come to bestow upon them.

"Viserys is dead." Rhaenys said abruptly.

Rhaenyra gasped.

Rhaerys dropped her head as she fought back the tears that threatened to fall.

Daemon turned slowly away from the burning fire and turned his attention to Rhaenys.

"I grieve this loss with you all." Rhaenys continued. "My cousin, your father... possessed a kind heart." Rhaenys paused. "There is more."

"I know." Rhaerys whispered. "Aegon has been crowned as his successor.

"How did Viserys die?" Daemon asked hesitantly.

"I could not say." Rhaenys answered.

"How long ago?" Rhaenyra asked as tears fell from her eyes.

"A day past, perhaps two. I was made a prisoner in my quarters while the Queen made her preparations."

"Viserys has been slain." Dameon said.

"Alicent demanded you declare for Aegon." Rhaerys stated with a shaky voice before groaning.

Rhaerys clutched her belly at the sudden pain in her belly.

"She did." Rhaenys confirmed. "I refused her."

"And yet you are alive." Daemon wondered aloud.

"The High Septon crowned Aegon in the Dragonpit. I witnessed it myself just before I fled on Meleys." Rhaenys said.

"They crowned him before the masses." Rhaerys spat.

"So that the masses would see him as their rightful king." Rhaenys explained.

"That whore of a Queen murderer my brother and stole his throne." Daemon growled. "And you could have burned them all for it."

"A war is like to be fought over this treachery, to be sure. But that war is not mine to begin." Rhaenys stated firmly. "I only rushed this warning to you out of loyalty to my husband and to my house. The Greens are coming for you, Rhaerys. You should leave Dragonstone at once." Rhaenys said before turning to leave.

Rhaerys moaned out in pain as she grasped her belly.

Daemon and Rhaenyra rushed to her side immediately.

Rhaenys paused in her steps and turned to Rhaerys.

Rhaerys raised her skirts and groaned at the sight of her waters rushing down her leg.

"The babe is coming." She whispered. "My hand maid, bring her to me at once."

Rhaerys found herself in the birthing chambers, pacing back and forth breathing heavily.