Part 20- Would You Sing My Song?

Guys, gimme some ideas. What do you personally want to read about? I don't know what more to write about.

It's either that or I cut the book short. 

Yes, I shall threaten you fuckers.

Also, this song gives me life. Trevor's voice is the reason I'm still here. It's him trying to feign that American pronunciation but his South African accent still lingers in some words. And don't even get me started on his guitar work- Good God, why isn't my boyfriend like him. I need a Trevor Rabin in my life.

No wait.

 And Kirk. I need a Kirk Hammett- Trevor Rabin. Yes.

Savannah's POV

I've been trying so hard to understand your reasoning,
Because leaving you will never change the feeling.

Would you believe me when I tell you
That you're the one I love, the one I need.
Today – throw down your lifeline.

~Lifeline, Rabbitt

"Dad! Dad!" Ali called, sitting on the kitchen counter with a blanket draped over her shoulder and a mug of coffee in her hand, "Look at all the food mom made!"

Kirk stared, shock carving stark lines along his face. From Spinach and Feta Lasagna to Arrabbiata Pasta to Roast Chicken. And let's not mention the Milk Tart, Koeksisters, and Spice Cookies, and Koelie Koekies all laid out on the counter.

Well, I'd like to think that the Christmas spirit got me in the mood. Ever since Kirk found out I never celebrated Christmas as a child, he's always go out of his way to make the day atmost special.

"And guess what," Ali said, pulling Kirk's sleeve to get his attention, "Mom burnt my cheese toast."

Kirk looked at me, narrowed eyebrows and a teasing smile, "So you're saying you cooked all of this," He gestured at my food, "But burnt cheese toast?"

I looked at Ali, my eyebrows raised as she giggled, "We agreed to keep that a secret."

"So I was thinking we could invite my family over," He said, eyeing the pasta hungrily.

"Yeah, that would be nice," I mumbled.

I haven't been up to terms with him family since our little surprise in Bali. They had fallen in love with Ali since the moment they had set their eyes on her. Kirks little baby, whereas I was left out of the equation.

"Can the guys come?" I asked. This food had to go somewhere. I may have just gone a little overboard.

They had accepted the fact that Kirk and I were together but that didn't mean they loved me as their beloved daughter-in-law. They still resented me after the stunt I pulled ten years ago. Perhaps I had broken Kirk's heart much more than I thought I did but certainly they could have found it in their hearts to forgive me.

"Yeah and-" He stopped mid-sentence, catching himself before he could say it, "Yeah."

Between Trevor in the S.A. and Ronnie whom I never wanted to see again- Duncan was the only one who was still with me. In some way, it wrapped around me and held me tight, knowing that our friendship had stood the test of time but it also killed me, living with the memories of the five of us.