❛𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐘 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐓❜

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

3rd Person POV

Everyone in the room were confused. What does he mean by that? What did he mean? Welcome home?

What? How?

"I don't understand—"

"Of course you don't, but you will find out soon." The old man said smirking.

This only confused the two woman while Yeon was trying to understand the context of what the old man said. On the other hand Rang, not knowing who Hye Jin is, didn't find the words worrying.

The old man then looked at Rang and gave him the glasses— the one he had originally came for. When Rang got up and walked towards the exit, Yeon and Ji Ah looked at him leaving in alarm. Yeon told Ji Ah to leave first when the old man held him in place with his hooked stick. Hye Jin got out of her trance and followed Ji Ah outside to see Rang walking away and as planned wearing Yeon's shoes.

"Ji Ah you stay with Yeon I'll follow Rang." Hye Jin said grabbing Ji Ah's attention.

Ji Ah had to be there to bring Yeon back. Even if she knows who the man they are trying to find is, she still has to act to not look suspicious.

"Wait neither Yeon nor I told you about following Rang." Ji Ah revealed causing Hye Jin to wince inwardly.

"Ji Ah you remember the tree spirit's words?" She said trying to get out of the conversation quickly.

Ji Ah nodded as she remembered but had questions but couldn't ask as Hye Jin pushed her back inside and quickly wore her shoes and followed Rang. She knows where he was going but she still needed to know the direction.

It got dark by the time Hye Jin was tailing Rang. She wasn't afraid of getting caught as he was in a daze because of the talisman. After Rang excused himself and walked away from the house, he was totally confused.

"Could it be? That bastard..." he looked down to the shoes and saw the words disappear as the task which was given was done.

He looked around to find someone who followed him. Hye Jin quickly ducked down hopping he didn't see her. She was glad she had killed off the engine as soon as he got out of his car. She waited till she heard Rang drive off.

She still carefully sat straight and looked around to be safe. After making sure that Rang left she let out a huge sigh.

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

After getting back Yeon, they both took takeout food and went to Ji Ah's place to eat. Ji Ah had already texted Hye Jin who said she would arrive soon. While waiting, they decided to start drinking at least.

"By the way, why didn't you go after Lee Rang?"

Ji Ah didn't tell Yeon about Hye Jin trailing Rang. She had actually forgotten to inform him.

"Ah, Hye Jin did. She said she will see where he goes and will tell us."

Yeon just hummed sipping from the cab then as the realization hit him, he choked. His eyes were wide looking at Ji Ah while she just looked confused and worried about the choking Yeon.

"You let her do what?"

"Why? What happened?"

"You sent Hye Jin to follow Rang?"

"I don't know what's the big deal." Ji Ah said confused by the conversation.

"When Rang gets to know we made him go to the person we are looking for, he'll go after her as she is a easy target."

This made Ji Ah hit Yeon's arm which caused him to wince. "She's not a easy target. She can take care of herself. If you don't know she's a de-tec-tive." She said carefully wording detective for Yeon.

"But Rang's a half fox. He can dominate her quickly."

"Don't underestimate my Jinnie's powers."

"Huh? What powers?"

"Yeah she can make you a pulp in under five minutes. She's that strong." Ji Ah said showing her fist to Yeon.

"Ah, I though you meant real powers." Yeon said pushing Ji Ah's fist from his face.

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

After ten minutes Hye Jin arrived and sat in front of the two. She apologized for being late to which Ji Ah said it wasn't a big deal while Yeon kept glaring at her. Hye Jin saw that and looked at Ji Ah for answers but all she got was a shrug of the shoulders.

She sighed and turned to look at Yeon. "What is it this time?"

"Don't you know how dangerous Rang is?"

"He is? I thought he was a lost puppy." She said acting dumb to rile Yeon up.

He just gave his signature I'm done face which made Hye Jin laugh. Yeon rolled his eyes at her childishness and angrily takes a sip of his drink.

Hye Jin told where Rang went but didn't say that it was Ji Ah's boss because a) Hye Jin doesn't know who Ji Ah's boss is. b) She most certainly won't know Ji Ah's boss's house address.

After the talk they started to feast on the food in front of them. Hye Jin not liking chicken feet ate spicy chicken instead.

By the time Yeon had one piece of the spicy chicken feet, he felt the spice hit him.

"Is it too spicy?" Ji Ah asked concerned.

"No! I just got something in my eye." He said trying to hide his tears which started to pool in his eyes because of the spiciness of the chicken feet.

"You're not good with spicy food, huh?" Ji Ah asked but more like stated.

Yeon laughed, "Oh, I am. Do you think I'm bad with spicy food? He said picking a piece with one of his broken chopsticks.

All that while Hye Jin looked at the tearing Yeon struggling to eat while she was enjoying the spicy chicken.

"Ah good grief." Ji Ah exclaimed while handing out two pieces of tissues.

"This is the battle between me and the chicken feet."

But he gave up in just then a minute and diverted the women's attention to a different topic.

"Hye Jin you have to give me classes to beat Rang's ass. I'll get you ice cream for a week, free of charge. Special deal for only you."

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

POSTED: June 28, 2023
EDITED: August 06, 2023
WORDS: 1080