"Go ahead and laugh," I said, giving her permission to make fun of me. "He forgot my name, but he remembered yours the entire night, don't you worry,"

"You're kidding," she said, brushing hair out of her face, laughing at my own embarrassment. "I barely talked to the guy, and he remembered my name, but not yours?"

"Tell me about it," I said, facepalming. "Every time we began talking about a certain topic, he would change the subject to talk about you. I think when you set me up with him, he thought you were going to be his date and not me,"

"I told him multiple times that the date was going to be with a girl named Layton. I described you to him and he said he was excited, but when you said that he wanted to talk about me the whole time, then maybe he didn't understand that the date wasn't with me,"

"He most definitely wanted the date to be with you." I sighed.

"Please tell me more about the horrible date," Gemma asked.

"I would rather not re-live it, but you're my best friend, so I'll let you laugh at my pain," I said.

"That's a perk about being your best friend," she smiled. "You go through some awkward times, and I get to laugh at them the next day,"

"Yeah, yeah," I shook my head. "I got to the restaurant around 8 o'clock, and believe it or not, he was late. Not only was he late, but when he finally arrived, he was flirting with the waitresses. When he came over to the table I was already at, he was flirting and getting all touchy with the woman that was bringing him to the table," I explain.

"First of all, if you're going on a first date with someone, you shouldn't be flirting with the waitress that is bringing you to the table that your date is at. The fact that he was even touching the waitress was an instant turn-off for me. You should've left the second you saw him coming over to you while flirting with someone else,"

"I should have, but I guess I wanted to see how the date would go, but obviously, it didn't go as well as I wanted it to," I said. "Not only did he not remember my name and talk about you the whole time, but he was eating so gross. He kept smacking his lips and eating with his mouth open. It was disgusting. I thought my being attracted to him would distract me from all of his red flags,"

"It's always the hot ones that have all of the red flags. We always seem to miss them, don't we?" she asked.

"At least you have Michal," I pointed out. "I have nobody,"

"Can I try one more time to set you up with someone?" she asked. "I promise it will be a good one,"

"Nope, not happening," I shook my head.

"Please," she began to beg.

"Gemma, I love you and all, but you've set me up with three guys, and they've all been bad," I sighed. "I don't want to go through another first date just to end up being humiliated," I explain.

"One more shot," she asked again.

"Nope," I shook my head. "I will just die alone and watch you and Michal be happy,"

"Alright, fine," she laughed. "I'll watch you die alone. It will be sad, but I'll do it,"

"I have to go, I'm sorry for coming over so late to rant to you about my horrible night, but I have to work tomorrow," I said, getting up off the couch.

"I should probably get back to bed before Michal thinks I got kidnapped," she laughed. "I'm sorry you had a bad night. You can come to rant to me anytime, and I'll listen,"

"You shouldn't say that to me because I will be here at all times of day ranting to you about all of my life problems,"

"I do have a job, so I don't think that's possible," she laughed.

"I really have to go. Otherwise, I will only be getting a few hours of sleep," I sighed. "I'll talk to you tomorrow if I want to re-live more of my awful date,"

"Let me know if you want me to set you up again," she said as she walked me to the door. "I promise I'll get someone good this time,"

"Not happening, Gemma," I laughed. "Talk to you tomorrow," I said, finally leaving her apartment.

"Love you, Lay Lay,"

"Love you, Gem, bye,"

My night has finally come to an end. I started my night off hopeful, thinking I would meet the love of my life when in reality I just met some other guy who wasn't interested in me at all. You win some, you lose some, I guess.

Now, I get to go home and change out of a wasted nice outfit and get into some pajamas, and go to sleep for a few hours. Knowing I won't be well rested in the morning, I feel like I might as well not go to sleep, but I have to get as much sleep as I can for the kids. I guess I'll lay in bed for a few hours until I'm supposed to be awake.