𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓

[FOUR: ALL OVER HIM]

WEEKS HAVE PASSED SINCE THE sully family have introduced themselves to the reef people. the children of tonowari and ronal have continued to teach the sully children the metkayina ways of living in their village.

tsireya and lo'ak have grown closer to one another. zára and neteyam also got closer.

now, the twins and tsireya were on their regular evening swim.

"have the sully's improved with anything?" ao'nung asked his sisters, holding his bag of shells and pearls. zára looked over at him.

"they have . . ." she answered, curious on why he was asking. he didn't want anything to do with the sully children. "why do you ask, brother?"

ao'nung shook his head. "just curious,"

zára looked at tsireya. the girl shrugged then held up her bag of things she found in the ocean.

"home?" she asked with a smile.

zára giggled with a nod.

the three called their ilu's and headed back to their marui. their parents were working on dinner. as they did so, the teens explained what they found in the ocean to the adults.

"think we could make something else with these, ma?" zára asked her mother with a huge smile, showing her the starfish. "maybe another headpiece? or a top?" ronal looked up from her cutting board to look at the starfish.

ronal smiled softly, her eyes meeting zára's. she nodded her head. "we'll figure something out."

zára smiled even more, placing the starfish to the side. ao'nung was showing his father the things he found, explaining what they could make. tsireya was suggesting what to make with the items to ronal as she helped her with the dinner.

the family had a good bond with one another. they didn't argue with each other. it was rare.

when dinner was made and served, the family ate and spoke with one another. even after dinner was done, they began to start on their creations with the items the three teens found.

after, everyone went to sleep. except zára.

she couldn't sleep. so, she sat up from her spot next to ao'nung. her aqua blue eyes looked down at her twin, seeing he was fast asleep. zára then looked at her parents and tsireya. also asleep.

her blue lips formed a smile. zára slowly stood up, walking out of the marui, and stepping onto the bouncy canvas material. she winced when the material made its usual noise. the teen looked back at the marui to see no one had awakened.