Chapter 14- The book

Start from the beginning

"My mother staring at me in a judge mental way. These are all things I have come to accept"

Wyatt walked to the bookshelves and noticed that some of the dust where a book was had been cleared. That means that it had to be taken out recently.

Wyatt took the book and flipped through it, he spotted the drawing Rowan showed him. Wyatt closed the book and stuffed it into his bag.

"But the minute I inch closer to the truth..."

Wyatt turned around ready to leave the library, but someone covered his face with a cloth and pulled him away.

"Luckily I'm not afraid of the dark."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let's assess, shall we?"

Wyatt was tied to a chair, the black cloth still covering his face.

"Bag over my head for optimal disorientation, wrists tied tight enough to cut off circulation, and no idea if I am going to live or die, I will not be able let Y/n know how much I love her. This is definitely my kid of party."

Someone ripped the bag off Wyatt's head and he was face to face with a bunch of people wearing robes and bird masks like Rowan had. A projector shined in his face.

"Who dares breach our inner sanctum?" A deep distorted voice asked.

"You can take the mask off, Bianca" Wyatt says bored.

Bianca huffs and pulled down her hood and took her mask off, so did the rest of the group.

"And just like that, my hopes were bashed against the rocks of disappointment. My foe was no psychotic killer. More like a bunch of clowns."

Bianca turned off the projector and Wyatt could see more clearly the members of the group more clearly. He noticed that Xavier, Ajax, and Y/n were part of the group as well. 

He stared at Y/n for a few seconds in shock before he turned to Bianca and stared at her "Wait, I preferred you with it on." 

Y/n covered her mouth trying not to laugh at that comment.

Bianca sneered at him. He turned back to Y/n who gave him a shy smile.

"You didn't tell me you were a part of this group." He told her.

"Well, it is a secret society for a reason." You reply sheepishly. 

Wyatt nods in understanding.

"How did you get down here?" Xavier asks.

"Rowan showed me." Wyatt replies then gestured to his pocket with his eyes "Left pocket."

Xavier reached into his coat pocket and pulled out the drawing from the book.

"I traced the watermark down to the Poe statue. Then I solved the riddle." He explains.

"Wait there is a riddle? I thought we just snapped twice." The dumb kid that Thing punched said.

Y/n rolled her eyes at the boy.

"Well aren't you the brightest in the bunch." Wyatt told him sarcastically.

"The Nightshades are an elite club. Emphasis on Elite." Bianca explained.

"WAS as Elite club." You spoke up glaring at Bianca for what she said to Wyatt.

Bianca looked at you confused "Ever since that normie kid was murdered, we were no longer Elite." You explain.

"We have roof parties, camp outs, and the occasional midnight skinny-dip" Yoko said.

"And Yoko is an amateur mixologist." Another boy said.

"She makes a killer virgin mojito, it can get pretty wild." Ajax smiled.

You sigh in disappointment.

"We obviously used to be more than that, we would protect the outcasts from the normies, the founder was in fact a boy by the name of Gabriel, don't remember his last name, he found it in the 1400's, when Joseph Crackpot was out witch hunting and burning them. Which was obviously not right, he wanted to honor his wife Amanda who was killed because of Crackpot, he wanted preserve her memory by keeping all outcast safe from Crackpot's clutches.(closest thing I could find to 'Goody', and inspired by miraculous ladybug)" You explain.

"Yeah, she is right, we have a wealthy Alumni, so Weems looks the other way as long as nobody makes waves." Yoko said.

"Someone like Rowan?" Wyatt asks.

"We booted that loser last semester" Bianca scoffs. "Question is, what are we going to do with him? Only members are allowed in this library."

Xavier glanced at Wyatt "I say we invite him to pledge. He is a legacy." Xavier said gesturing to his parents.

Bianca scoffed at Xavier "After the crap he pulled at the Poe Cup? There is no way in hell. We talk about not making waves? He is a tsunami."

Y/n glared at Bianca. "Um, did you forget the bull-shit you pulled at the previous Poe Cups? We won fair and square, don't be a hypocrite." 

(Dialogue inspired by a comment in another Wednesday book, I loved that comment, and I wanted to add it, idk the person's username, so credits to that person.)

"Just because I beat you at your own game? Let me save you the trouble. I am not interested in joining." Wyatt answers.

"You're seriously turning us down?" Yoko asks in disbelief. 

"Can you believe it?" Another asks.

"Untie him." Bianca orders.

Wyatt pulled his hands out from behind his back and held the rope in his hands. "I freed myself five minutes ago." He explains.

He stood up and grabbed the paper from Xavier and was about to leave when the dumb kid with a black eye stood in front of him, stopping his from leaving.

Wyatt stared at him "Do you want a matching black eye?" Wyatt threatens shoving him aside.

Wyatt walked up the stairs but stopped half way "It's amateurs like you who give kidnapping a bad name." He insults and you look down sadly, turning away from him, he felt oddly guilty about hurting you but he shook himself off. You were just another girl to him.

He continued up the stairs and out of the hidden library.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wyatt sat at his desk flipping through the book he had taken from the Nightshade's library. He stopped a the page that showed the other half of Rowan's drawing.

"There are so many threads to my investigation, I could weave a burial shroud. I still have no idea how Rowan mysteriously rose from the dead. Or why the monster is still Prowling the woods."

Wyatt took out the drawing and placed it next to the one on the book to complete it. The finished drawing showed Wyatt facing off against a pilgrim in the quad , and the area around them was on fire, but a the corners of the drawing he could make out wisps of red magic, Y/n's magic. How was she involves in this? She must be helping him as the red wisps were aimed at the pilgrim.

"But right now, nothing intrigues me more than this book. If I am going to be responsible for Nevermore's demise, the question is, why am I sharing this apocalypse with a pilgrim?"

A/N:

Heyyy, hope you liked this chapter! Please vote and comment if you like this story!

This chapter is dedicated to Paige please check out her Pirates of the Caribbean series, it is absolutely amazing!

Thanks for reading,

All the love,

Hermione <3