〚𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕〛names and interns

Start from the beginning

"That's good to hear, I suppose but... Uh.." You offered the extra dessert with slightly trembling hands. "I uh... I hope this can make you feel at least a tiny bit better? And uh... while I'm not good with words, I've been told I'm a pretty good listener so if you ever need to talk to someone... I'll listen."

Iida took the dessert from you, and smiled (this smile looked much more genuine). "Thank you Saitama. I appreciate it."

You were still worried. Iida wasn't complaining about you eating in the classroom? That wasn't a good sign...

"It's so weird that people recognize us from TV! Everyone wanted to talk to me on my way here." Mina exclaimed excitedly as you walked over to sit down. A few of your other classmates chimed in with similar stories. Seems it wasn't just you...

"I got free breakfast today." You mused, holding up the bag. "Guess winning the sport's festival has its perks, huh?"

"That's the perk you're interested in?" Mina asked somewhat confused.

"Yeah." you answered matter-of-factly with a nod.

"You won't believe what a bunch of elementary school brats yelled at me." Sero added, dejectedly.

"Nice try?" Tsu guessed without a shred of mercy.

"All it took was one sports festival and suddenly we're like celebrities! This school really is amazing." Grape boy said. He almost had a point (how awful was that?)

"That's probably because there were more people watching than usual. You know, 'cause of the villain attack and all." You mused as you sipped your drink.

Before anyone could say anything else, Mr. Aizawa walked into the classroom and gave you all a "Good Morning" with standard Aizawa energy (which was 0 energy).

The class chorused a 'good morning' in reply. He seemed to notice the food you'd left on his desk, grabbing it and taking a bite before nodding at you. You simply gave Aizawa a thumbs up.

"We have a big class today on Hero Informatics." Aizawa explained curtly. While the rest of the class silently panicked, you sat there. Hero Informatics was actually one of your better classes (especially hero laws). Mostly because your dad was a walking encyclopedia of quirk laws and you basically picked them up by osmosis whenever he went on rants.

"You need codenames. Time to pick your hero identities."

Aw. Crap. You had no clue what you wanted your hero name to be... A few ideas pingpong-ed around your head like a dvd logo. You seemed to be the only one who was worried...

"This is gonna be totally awesome!" Everyone else seemed excited... Then again, they'd all probably wanted to be heroes for their whole lives. You on the other hand... You'd never seriously considered the idea until Principal Nezu pitched it to you...

Aizawa erased everyone's quirks to get the class's attention (you actually didn't notice). "This is related to the pro hero draft picks that I mentioned the last time we were in class together. Normally, students don't have to worry about the draft yet. Not until their second or third year actually, but your class is different. In fact, by extending offers to first‐years like you, pros are essentially investing in your potential. Any offers can be rescinded if their interest in you dies down before graduation, though." He explained.

"So, what you're saying is, we'll still have to prove ourselves after we've gotten recruited?" Hagakure asked.

Aizawa nodded. "Correct. Now. Here are the totals for those of you who got offers." You watched as the board filled up with bar graphs. "In past years, it's been more spread out. But there's a pretty big gap this time."