Chapter 3: New home

Start from the beginning

Tirol could feel her eyes moisten.

"Oh, my sweet child... I know." She murmurs in a sad tone, as her eyes show anger. "I did not wanted it to happen. I actually hate that." She closes her eyes from those two feelings, before opening them. They're teary.
"But you have to go. You have to stay strong. You have to be with your siblings. Your parents. Your family needs you."

"And what about you, Grandma? You're family, too. You're important." Tirol states, holding Mo'at's hand.

"Don't worry about me. I am Tsahìk, remember?" She says rising her brows in a ironic way even is her eyes still showing sadness.

"I know, Grandma, but—"

"You're courageous, Tirol." Mo'at cuts her off. "Bold. Kindhearted. You will be okay." She speaks slowly, looking into her granddaughter's eyes, pronouncing every words distinctly, meaning everything she is saying.
"This is your fate. You have to live it."

Tirol sighs but nods. Her grandmother is right: she can't change what is going to happen. They will leave tomorrow. It's decided.

Mo'at stands up, seeking something in a bag, before finding it: it is a beautiful necklace made of flowers roots and a green stone at the end.

"It was your mother's. She said, when she was still in this world: 'When I'll die, I want you to give it to my daughter, only when she will really need it.'" Mo'at puts the necklace around Tirol's neck.

"I think you need it now, Tirol. This is a part of your parents, me, and the forest."

"I'll keep it forever." She replies, smiling widely, gently touching the necklace as her tears are rolling down her cheeks. "Thank you, Grandma."

Mo'at kisses her forehead in response.

"I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you, too, my child. I will miss all of the Sullys. But I know, we'll meet again."

And after those heartbreaking goodbyes, the Sully's are now on their Ikran, toward a new home.

The kids are glancing so often behind them.

They are leaving their home.

Tirol feels angry. She hates the Sky People so much. She lost her biological parents and Spider because of them. Now, her family leave their home and Mo'at.

Tears of anger are falling on her cheeks but she quickly brush them off, not wanting her family to see.

She gently touches her mother's necklace, promising to herself that she will never take it off.

The family now is getting far from the forest as the sun is going down.

[...]

Tirol is flying between her brothers. The sky is blue and the weather is warm. She can feel that Ufwe is tired. She sighs before caressing her head, looking with her tired eyes the different colors on her. Tirol grins, remembering how Ufwe tried to kill her when she tried Iknimaya. She was only 10 years old, and she stills have the scars on her right arm: three marks of teeth, when Ufwe tried to take off her arm but didn't succeeded.

It's funny to Tirol now, knowing how much they're close and how much they care for each other currently.

"Ti", Loa'k calls by her nickname, catching her attention.

"Oh, Eywa." She breaths, a new landscape now in front of the family's eyes.

The water is a clear blue shade. It is delimited by the reef, made of rocks.