Chapter8: Butterfly Effects

Start from the beginning

They had just grouped just now when Leon suddenly flirted (in Shidou's eyes) with the braided newbie.

Shidou was soured, if he wanted to flirt, he was there, wasn't he? Why would Leon flirt with someone boring like the newbie? Was he a statue?

Shidou's heart was filled with complaints.

Leon sighed and ignored Shidou, "let's just go." He went straight toward the door for the next stage, grabbing Kurona's wrist with him.

"Don't ignore me! Come on, if you want to ignore someone, then, ignore him!"

Shidou yelled, pointing at Kurona.

Leon sighed once more, being so done, "Come on big baby, we have battles to win." He stopped at the entrance, clearly waiting for Shidou.

"Sure~" Shidou caught up to him and slung an arm around his shoulder, and speaking (read: flirting) the whole way, almost blowing up his eardrums several times.

He was totally and completely sure that he would never get along with the bro-con David.

He feared for the day they met with each other– oh wait, they had already met with each other in a match when they were still in the team battles. He should, instead, fear for the day they decided that it would be a good idea to converse with each other.

He would be grateful if they don't end up killing each other instead.

As soon as they opened the door, they found that they were the only group in the room. "Bzzzz" A small screen in the room flickered to life, and its occupant was none other than Ego Jinpachi.

"Hey there, diamonds in the rough." After that, he proceeded to explain that they would be paired with another team that would come later and needed to wait for a bit.

Having no choice, the trio sat on the uniquely designed chairs in the room.

After feeling like it had been an eternity because of Shidou, Leon felt as if he had met the savior of his life when the door opened to welcome another group of three.

Surprisingly, not one, not two, but everyone was a familiar face.

"Barou-san, Igaguri, and Naruhaya-kun?"

Leon was surprised to see all these familiar people.

"Huh, LEON-KUNNNNNNNNNNN!!?????" Igaguri gawked, fear and dread creeping from the pit of his stomach.

How could he not be afraid? It's Leon. Leon! Moreover, this Leon was going to be his- their enemy.

From the Leon vs Isagi match he observed, Igaguri was nothing more than an ant in front of Leon. He knew, they knew, everyone knew, that even with the visible exhaustion, Leon still could eliminate three of Isagi. Even though Leon put an effort in their match, Leon could do more, much more.

Igaguri was no match for Leon, and it was a fact.

You know what was worse? If they lose here, Igaguri knew that he was not going to be one of the people picked. For an egoist like Leon, wouldn't he want a strong member in their team?

Hell, even Naruhaya had a chance.

Before the match even started, Igaguri had already regarded the opposite team as winners.

Igaguri had given up before he even started.

"Hey, quit doing obvious mistakes! Are you a traitor lurking in here, huh 'gaguri!" Naruhahya shouted, anger evident in his voice.