Prologue

Callum^

------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

Callum's POV

How could I let this happen? I thought. I was supposed to protect her. It should've been me, not her. She was far too young. Why did she have to leave me? I can't stand being alone. She was all I had left, and now she's gone.

My parents don't care. They locked me up in the underground prison so that I wouldn't ruin their reputation. That is the only thing that they care about. Not me, their son, and not her. To them, she was just another mouth to feed, another person to keep in check so that their precious reputation wasn't destroyed. But she was so much more, not just to me but to everyone around her. She made a huge impact on the whole kingdom and now that improvement was slowly diminishing with each minute that she was gone.

I crawled over to the bars of my confinement and looked through the cracks. All I see are the prisoners, the actual guilty criminals that we lock up down here. I can't believe that they had the nerve to actually lock me up down here like a convict when they are the real guilty ones. They think that keeping me down here will stop me from embarrassing them? Well it won't. I don't care how long it's going to take, but I will get my revenge. The only question is how.

It took me a while, but I finally decided my attack move. I would do nothing. For now at least. I would do nothing, keep up the disguise, and wait to do it all my way. They would come down here and see me as they have wanted to see me since birth. Their idea of the rightful heir. And I was going to be just that, right until it is too late to change and then they will be the ones locked up in a prison in their rightful place.

I hear the metal gate open and some guards come down to check and see if I have calmed down or not. Putting on an emotionless face, I wait for them to let me out. Once they have decided I am in the right attitude, they open the doors and I am escorted to go see my 'parents'.

They better be prepared, because they are going down and soon it will all be over. In realty, it was over the moment they let me out of that cell door.

__________________________________________________________________

Hello fellow readers. I'm sorry it took so long for me to start rewriting this story but I hope you are satisfied with what I wrote. Please comment as much as possible. I love reading hat everyone has to say and I miss it. Anyways...

MYTHLOVER OUT!!!