2. Leave the past behind

After the death of the bold terror, I was finally free.

It wasn't all bad mind; he was strict but also a mastermind. He taught me everything I know to become a brilliant henchman, from driving all sorts of vehicles to the use of gadgets and guns. He trained me at the age of 10, isolating me from society. The only one I had contact with was him and his butler Fritz. In the world of villains, I was known as 'the shadow'. The newspapers say 'the shadow of terror', referring to his name...the bold terror. It was pretty simple: wherever he goes, I stay in his shadow. I plan, work, create and invent the gadgets for his next assignment...this was my job. He received several offers for me, but he refused to buy me off. "Shadow is more worth than any diamond in the world", that is what he had said at the interview on villain con.

But I wasn't free.

I wasn't allowed to go out, visiting my family, meet friends, partying...nothing. I remembered that one day, when I had broken that rule. I was 12 by that time. Outside the mansion, I saw his son Dru playing with the pigs. For two years I have seen him, but I was never allowed to talk to him. If it wasn't for Fritz, I could have. Robert gave me a five hour lecture afterwards, making my ears bleed from his constant shouting.

This all changed now!

For the first time, I could leave the mansion. No one stopped me from going. I took the nearest motorcycle and never looked back. I knew he had involved me in his last will, but I wanted nothing from that man...he was truly evil, truly the biggest villain of them all. Not even the urge to meet his son would bring me back.

Since that time, I was living a normal life, with a normal job as a waitress, under normal people. But this job wasn't covering all of my bills. I never had this problem before, as I have lived inside the huge lab from Robert. It was a shock, when I had tried to adjust to this new life. Thankfully, I found a friend at work, which I also live with. The house is in a quiet neighborhood, where every house looks the same everywhere...except one. Our house was on the opposite side of it. I never went out in the morning so I have never seen all the neighbors. So far...only three little girls have left the house, which I assume that a family lives in there. But also at night, I see some strange creatures walking around the place, looking like giant kinder eggs, mumbling a weird language.

I didn't think much of it, since I assumed it was absolutely normal.

Anyway, I had trouble with my finances. I needed to find a second job to cover it. My friend was helping me. His name is Carl, a little older than me but with a heart of gold. I could always rely on his support, as long it wasn't financial. He used to live on his own, before I came along.

However there was one thing that bothered me about my first friend: he is a massive fan of villains.