Chapter 15: Prom Night Pt.3

Start from the beginning

"You're a queen?" Those were the only words Branch managed to get out.

She giggled at his reaction, "Surprise."

~

Everyone was settled and ready to party. As the party started, everyone had a chance to meet the leaders.

Poppy was taking Branch to meet Peppy. "It'll be ok Branch, don't you worry."

She held his hand to reassure it was ok. "Hey Dad! I'd like for you to meet someone, this is Branch Timberlake, my boyfriend."

Peppy took a glance at him. Branch gulped nervously, "Nice to meet you, sir."

Poppy noticed the look her dad was giving him. "Look, I know after what happened with me and Creek, you don't trust any boy around me."

Branch looked at Poppy confusingly. Who was Creek? He figured he could ask later.

She looked at Branch and smiled widely. "He is the sweetest, most caring troll I have ever seen, and I would never change him for anything."

Poppy took his hands and turned towards him. "I love him so much dad, he's special to me."

She hugs Branch tightly as he hugged back. "So I hope you can accept him dad, I know I will."

Peppy watched the two closely and exchanged a final look. "I see something in you two that I couldn't see with Creek, if you two shall be together, so be it."

"Thank you dad, you're the best!" Poppy leaned in and gave Branch a big kiss. He blushed furiously when she stopped the kiss, making her laugh at his reaction.

~

"Come on Synth, we'll have a chance to meet him!" Laguna was dragging Synth towards the king.

Trollex noticed the couple flying towards him. "Well if it isn't Synth, how's my cousin?" The two trolls fist bumped.

Laguna was shocked at what she was hearing. "Cousin? You two are related?" (Don't blame me, I think the two would be related.)

"We sure are, and you didn't tell me you had a girlfriend Synth." Trollex elbowed him playfully.

Synth blushed at this, "It's just a friendly date Trollex, nothing too serious." Laguna felt a little sad when she heard that.

"I think you ought to pop the question then, making the lady wait won't do any good." Trollex laughed when he got elbowed by an angry but flustered Synth.

Synth started pushing him away. "Ok Trollex you should head off now, bye!"

"Just saying Synth, don't make the lady wait." He winked then continued to tease him about it.

She was giggling at their banter. "I can see where he gets his personality from."

~

Holly was chatting like crazy about Delta while Gust chuckled at her enthusiasm.

Delta heard a familiar voice and turned towards them. "Well I'll be, if it isn't Holly Darling."

Holly was confused as Delta came over to them. "You know who I am?"

"Of course I do, ever since you were a little foal." Delta smiled at the now excited troll.

"Oh wow, this makes it even better!" She noticed Gust standing by his lonesome.

He was then dragged by his arm over to them. "Miss Delta, I'd like you to meet Gust Tumbleweed."

"It's nice to meet you Gust, or should I say deputy?" She gestured to the badge he was wearing.

Gust didn't notice he was wearing his badge. "I'd like to become a deputy one day, haven't made it yet."

"Well I wish you the best of luck Gust." She smiled as they continued chatting.

~

"Can you believe it Val? Queen Barb is actually here!" Demo was excited to see her in person.

Val was sipping some punch. "Yeah, I've already met her, no biggie." Demo looked at her like she had grown two heads.

Demo started questioning her closely. "You've met Queen Barb?! How come you never told me?"

Val pushed his face away, "Cause I knew you would react like this, besides I can take you to see her if you want."

"You'd do that for me? I think someone is going soft." He grinned and somehow dodged a punch on the arm.

"You got lucky this time, and I'm not going soft!" She held up a fist to his face.

Demo didn't believe her and continued about it. They didn't notice a certain rock troll coming over.

"Hey love birds!" Barb had overheard their little banter.

Val and Demo both turned their heads to the rock queen. "Love birds?!" They both said at the same time.

"You two argue like an old couple, and I surely didn't expect to see Val over here." Val shook her head and looked away.

"It's nothing Barb, we're just friends." Barb shook her head and started walking off.

"That's what they all say, peace out dudes!" She and Thrash took off in his wheel chair.

~

Branch and Poppy were outside taking a break from the party.

"Hey Poppy, can I ask you something?" He was curious about the person she mentioned.

"Of course Branch, go ahead." She had her full attention to him.

"You mentioned a person when you were introducing me to your father, Creek was it? Who is he?" Branch watched her expression fade into sadness.

She decided it was time to tell him. "Creek is my ex boyfriend."

He felt bad for asking her about this. "I see, sorry for asking."

She leaned against him. "It's ok Branch, I moved on."

Poppy felt his arm hold her closely. "We only lasted for two weeks, I broke up with him since he only used me for fame and popularity."

"This is why I hid my title from everyone, except my friends." She rested in his arms.

"I would never do that to you Poppy, queen or not, I'll love you either way." Branch looked at her as she smiled at him.

Poppy closed her eyes and smiled, "Thank you Branch."