Chapter 6: Jealousy

I'll change the way I format the characters talking because it might be confusing you guys, even me—
~
After the free period, Poppy and Holly were walking to their next shared class. They walked in and sat down while being greeted by Mrs. Delta.

"I heard the school prom is coming soon, I might ask that handsome Branch Timberlake."

Poppy immediately turned her head to the girl who said that. Holly did the same, wanting to see how Poppy will react.

"I know, isn't he a dreamboat?" Both girls giggled at the thought of Branch.

This enraged Poppy. Holly noticed her anger and tapped her shoulder.

"Poppy sugar? You alright?"

"I'm perfectly fine Holly." She broke her pencil in half.

Throughout the rest of class, Poppy kept the same angered expression. Holly decided to talk to the girls about this.

~

"Then, she just snapped her pencil in half! I've never seen Poppy so angry y'all."

Val rolled her eyes and continued sharpening her dagger.

"I think it's pretty obvious, she has the hots for Branch."

Laguna nodded her head in response to Val's assumption.

"Well yes I know that, but I didn't think it was that serious."

Holly kept talking, not knowing Poppy was coming up to them.

"Hey girls!" Poppy smiled at them. "What are you guys talking about?"

Holly was about to say something, until Val spoke up.

"We're talking about your obvious crush on Branch."

"Wait what? I don't have a crush on Branchhh, he's just a friend." Poppy looked at them nervously, knowing they didn't believe her.

Val shook her head, "Sorry Poppy, but it's obvious what you have for the dude, and you're bad at hiding things."

Holly nodded and chuckled at Poppy.

"Plus, as soon as those girls mentioned Branch, I thought you were going to blow a fuse in class today."

Poppy blushed and looked down.

"Alright you caught me, but please don't tell him, I'd like to do it on my own."

The girls nodded and smiled at her.

"You have our word Poppy."

I think I'll write it like this from now on—