Chapter 1 - Toto Has Invited Me To An Afterparty?!

A/N - hope you enjoy!
Warnings- mentions of partying

Playlist -
1- Dressin' Up - Katy Perry
2- Summer Night City - ABBA
3- Love On The Brain - Rihanna

'Mila, you know my dad will never let me come to an afterparty', I tell my best friend, packing my bag for the next few days, 'Especially an afterparty of that sort'.

'Well, Stephen won't have to know, now will he?' Mila passes me my hairbrush to pack, 'You're sleeping at mine this weekend anyway. He'll literally never know'.

'Mr Wolff will tell him. My dad and your dad are best friends, Mila'. I roll my eyes.

'You know you really don't have to call him 'Mr Wolff' anymore, Marley. We've been friends for ten years now and he's been your father's best friend for just as long'.

'Yes, I know. But he's the Toto Wolff. I have a lot of respect for the man'.

'Fair enough. But it's the Toto Wolff who has invited you to the party'. She laughs.

'You're so lucky to be associated with all of this. Must be nice knowing the boys', I sigh and sit down on the edge of my bed, 'Or at least some', I correct myself.

'You're right. But I only really know George and Lewis'.

'No no no. No, you do not. You also know Lando Norris and Daniel Ricciardo. Do you not remember the lengths they went to when organising your twenty first birthday party? You're very much loved'.

'Ah, you got me there', Mila tucks her hair behind her ears, 'You've met them all before'.

'And I'm so lucky for that. But my life would be complete if I were to ever meet the drivers for Ferrari'.

'Well', Mila's tone becomes higher and she studies my face, causing me to blush, 'Charles Leclerc is at the party tonight. I heard he's single now'.

I clear my throat to divert attention from my blushing face, 'Um, that's nice'.

Mila claps excitedly, 'Oh my God, you like him, don't you? Admit it, you do!'

'He's kinda cute, I guess', I confess shyly, fidgeting with the straps of my tote bag on the bed.

My best friend gasps, not letting go of the topic, causing me to blush a deeper shade of red, 'Marley Wickens, I have never seen you so nervous!'

'Leave it out, it's only a little crush. I've been single for three years now, what did you expect?' I begin to laugh.

Two knocks land on my door, I know exactly who it is, 'Come in, Dad'.

The door creaks open gently and my dad stands in the doorway, cap on his head on golfing gear at the ready. 'I'm heading out soon. Just waiting for my ride. It's been lovely seeing you, Mila. What are your plans this weekend, girls?' He questions us whilst inspecting a plushie on my shelf.

'Thank you, Stephen. Or should I say, 'Mr Wickens', Mila scowls at me and then looks back to Dad, 'We're heading over to my house soon. We're also waiting on a lift'.

'Toto?' Dad asks.

We both nod. Mila explains how her father is soon passing near my house so he's picking us up early. Along with creating a lie about a movie night in tonight.

'Well have a great weekend, Mila', Dad tells her, then looks to me, 'See you on Sunday night, Mar. Do not be late in. You have important exams coming up next week and I need you to study. That's an order'.