Chapter 13- Poe Cup

Start from the beginning

Wyatt approached Enid and Y/n in front of the school.

"We're all set."

"Good, Thing is in position." Wyatt informs.

"Can't you tell us what you're up to?" Y/n asks.

Wyatt looked into her beautiful e/c eyes. "And spoil the surprise? Where is the fun in that?"

Y/n blushed at the intensity of his gaze and smiled.

Enid smirked at their interaction. "Speak of surprises." Enid said breaking the two from their staring competition and Wyatt looked at her, "you're costume is in the tent" she informs cheerfully.

Wyatt looked at her confused "Costume?" he asks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wyatt emerged form the tent with an unhappy expression on his face, he wore a tight fitted black suit and...cat ears.

Enid looked very happy "OMG, you look purr-fect!" Enid says smiling widely "But where are your whiskers?" She asks.

"Ask again and you will be down to eight lives." He threatens.

Enid just smiled and walked off.

Suddenly Wyatt heard laughter coming from behind me, he saw Y/n staring at him trying to hold in her laughs but failing miserably.

Wyatt raised his eyebrow at her, but she couldn't hold it in anymore, she burst into laughter.

Wyatt couldn't help but smile slightly as he watched you laugh. 

"I-I-I'm sorry, I never expected you to be dressed as cat!" You say in amusement trying to hold in your laughs again as to not make him feel bad. 

You clear your throat and stood up with a serious expression "You look good though." You say nodding, trying to remain serious but the amusement was clear in her eyes.

"Not as good as you." He whispers in her wrapping his arms around her waist pulling her closer towards him, he heard a gasp from you, he leaned in lightly brushing his lips against yours, suddenly he pulled away and walked towards the boat  leaving a very flustered Y/n behind. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The race was about to start and all four boats were docked with all the participants inside. Enid sat in front, Wyatt behind her and Y/n behind Wyatt.

Enid glanced at the boat next to them, it contained the team clowns she looked right at her crush, Ajax. Ajax looked over as she smiled and waved at him, Ajax smiled and looked away still smiling.

"Focus" Wyatt whispers to Enid.

Y/n looked over at Wyatt who was already looking at her, he sent her a reassuring look and she smiled at him gratefully.

"What do we have here?" Bianca asks interrupting their conversation.

Wyatt turns to look at her.

"The runt of the litter?" She sneers.

"For the record, I don't believe I am better than anyone else, I just believe I am better than you." He snarls back.

Bianca looked at him confused then she turned away and looked ahead.

Then Principal Weems began speaking.

"I want to welcome you all to the Edgar Allen Poe Cup. This is one of Nevermore's proudest annual traditions, dating back 125 years before. Each team must row across to Raven Island, pull a flag from Crackstone's (Crackpot) Crypt, and hustle back without sinking or being sunk.