Chapter 22: Dr. Animo and the Mutant Ray

Start from the beginning

"Of all the thing you did, this is the worst after Kevin's incident!" Y/n remarked.

"We can scold him later, Y/n." Max said. "Right now, if Animo could figure out how to tap into the watch's alien DNA, who knows what could happen."

Suddenly, Y/n's hair tingled before a loud screech from above alerted the team. They looked to the sky to see a mutant Heatblast bat coming down at them.

"I guess that's answer your question, Max." Y/n dialed on the Nemetrix. "Ben, you stay here. We don't know what kind of other bad alien fusion you'll turn into."

Y/n pressed down the faceplate and transformed into Hypnotick. He flew to the skies with the Heatbat trailing from the behind. Since the bat is untouchable due to its burning body, Hypnotick decided to play cat and mouse with it while dodging its fire breath.

Hypnotick gazed down the water before an idea appeared in his head. He went for a dive with Heatbat followed as it kept breathed out jet fire. And as soon as Hypnotick about to hit the water, he hit the brake and went intangible as Heatbat phase through him and crashed into the water.

The alien moth floated away as Heatbat struggled to climb out of the water. As soon as it came out from the water, Heatbat flew off the scene.

Hypnotick watched the blazing bat escaped before he looked down to see Max and his grandkids floating closer. He began to gesture his hands to them, telling them to follow him. And as if they understood him, they gave him a nod.

Hypnotick began to followed the fleeing Heatbat undetected with the team following from the below. After awhile, they found Heatbat went inside an abandoned observatory in the middle of the swamp.

As soon as the Nemetrix starts beeping, Hypnotick floated to the boat and transformed back to Y/n.

"What's an observatory doing in the middle of the swamp?" Ben confused.

"Without the light from the city, the stars are brighter so it can be seen more clearly." Gwen answered.

"Oh, thank you, Ms. Know-it-all. Bet you just dying to tell me how I'm screwed up."

"But you did screwed up." Y/n pointed out.

"Not helping!" Ben yelled.

"Who said I'm helping?!" Y/n shrugged.

Max shut down the engine and decided to paddle the boat in order to sneak in undetected. As soon as they're inside, they found a large a telescope that seems to be modified into an enormous cannon.

Y/n's hair shuddered again. "JUMP!"

On his signal, the team jumped out from the boat and the mutant frog leaped out from the water and crashed down the boat to pieces. The team fell onto a wooden walkway as Y/n fell across them by himself.

"You really should've knock." Animo said to the Tennysons, somehow not noticing Y/n's presence. "It isn't polite to sneak up on someone like this."

While Animo and the Tennysons are having an argument, Y/n decided to crawl down the floor sneak up on the mad doctor.

As the mad doctor is explaining his plan to create a new world order by using the transmodulator cannon, Y/n already standing above him on a higher walkway. As soon as he charged up his cannon, Y/n jumped off the walkway and dropped onto Animo, knocking him out from his chair along with himself into the water.

"Y/N!" The Tennysons yelled in panic.

Due to the heavy equipment that strapped around Animo, the mad doctor unable to swim. Y/n swam down and held onto Animo's collar despite the advantage he's having. He punched Animo's face multiple time and knocked him out of conscious with a head-butt that broke his googles.