𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"So did everyone, apparently," She remarked, wrapping her arms around Violet as well. "Was I seriously asleep for a whole week?"

"Yes, you were." Heath spoke up. "You had lost a lot of blood."

Giada raised her eyebrows as Violet added nonchalantly, "Janson's hands and clothes were lathered in it too. It looked like he tried to go on a murdering rampage."

"What do you mean?" She whispered breathlessly. So, her being in Janson's arms before her mind went blank had been completely real and not a fragment of her imagination?

"He wouldn't let anyone touch you, I'd never seen the man do something like that," Violet explained calmly. This made Giada flutter her eyelashes in disbelief. "And trust me, I've known Janson for a very long time." Yeah, longer than me I presume.

"Where is he?" She inquired, glancing at the both of them repeatedly. "I need to talk to him like right now."

"Not sure," admitted Heath with a frown. "Janson just tends to go wherever he wants. I haven't seen him all day."

Her brain was beginning to become fuzzy again, and Giada desperately needed to confront him about what she saw before she potentially forgot about it. Right now would be the best time possible, except the asshole decided to not make his gallant presence shown for once. Giada opened her mouth up to argue, but Violet placed her fingers upon the auburn haired woman's lips gently to silence her.

"You can go chase after a man old enough to be your father later," She said sternly. Giada really hadn't considered that. I mean, Janson's not that old, right? The woman usually didn't have the opportunity to make an inquiry about the man's age. "Right now, Heath and I are going to make sure you eat."

She figured there was no use in objecting as Giada let Violet take her hand and proceed to drag her into the cafeteria. Her side still did sting so the brunette made sure not to move too quickly. Heath handed her Naomi before he set off to make the woman a plate.

"You know I'm not incompetent, right?" Giada commented wryly, gently bouncing the giggling girl on her lap.

"Cut yourself a break," retorted Violet, not wanting to hear any of it. "You almost died. That's the perfect excuse to get pampered."

Giada could see the sense in that. None of them thought she was going to survive, but here the woman sat. She felt wide-awake for the first time in forever. Besides, the pain in her lower side wouldn't allow Giada to fall into a deep slumber even if she really wanted to. While the woman ate to replenish some of the missing nutrients in her body, the only thing on her mind was Janson. Especially after Heath told the woman that the older man literally ordered the doctors to do anything and everything they could to save Giada's life.

Her only hearing that made the woman more lenient to set off to find the man. Giada quickly finished the meal that Heath had gotten so graciously for her before walking out of the cafeteria. She had several guesses on where Janson was currently, but Giada made the rapid decision to go check the attic. If she was desperately trying to avoid someone, that's the first place she'd personally go. Not very many people went there anyways except for the two of them anyways.

She crept into the not so secret place, shutting the door behind her as quietly as humanely possible. Considering all of the doors here were made out of pure metal, it surely was not an easy task. Giada's eyes darted around the terribly lightened room, seeing as there's only a dying lamp not too far away from the couch that was the place's only light source.

Then her eyes found a slumped figure on the couch which made her heartbeat regulate a little bit. Giada instantly knew it was Janson before she even made the full approach to where he was. His steady breathing told her that much, and nervously the woman forced herself to peer down at him.