chapter 24 : My path forward

" Um.....how did I get here? " Bakugo asked as he sat up.

The blonde was in a room inside a hospital , previously lying on one of the two beds in said room.

He looked around and saw the bandage on his Shoulder and felt immense pain on his back.

The events of the tournament then came back to him , causing him to scoff.

Just then the door to the room opened and in came Ururaka, Deku and Todoroki.

" KATSUKI! " Ochako yelled as she came in , dashing over to the blonde and tackling the blonde back onto his bed.
" I'm so glad you're alright" she said while sniffling.

Bakugo grinned and pinched her chin.
" Its gonna take more than a laser beam to kill me , Angel " he stated before kissing her.

Midoryia and Todoroki smiled at the sight.

When the two pulled away , Bakugo turned to his friends.

" So , aftermath? " He asked.

" Well , the stadium was completely destroyed. The audience, hero's and students made it out before the explosion " Midoryia explained.

" It was a wonder how you and the fighter made it out of there " Todoroki said.

Bakugo looked at them with raised eyebrows.
" Wait a sec! You mean the karate looking fighter? " He asked.

Both boys looked at the blonde with question marks above their heads.

" Yeah....he was in the same room with you " Ochako said pointing to the bed next to him.

An image of Rin Takegami in a monstrous state replayed in his mind.

" Where is he? "

They all pointed to the door.

" He left just as I was coming in. He had removed all his bandages and was leaving shirtless " the girl said.

* Outside the hospital *

People passing by , entering and exiting the hospital stared at the shitless martial artist who was presumably dead.

" Isn't he the kid from the sports festival!? "

" How's he alive!? "

The fighter had a few scars and a bandage over his gut where he was shot by a laser.

His eyes scanned the area , looking for a set of people. The ones he believed got him out of danger.

He woke up on a bed in the hospital , on his left was another bed with Bakugo laying on it.

Rin wanted so much to fight the blonde in the festival , but was interrupted.

He didn't win the festival , and as for his battle with Kazuya.....he didn't know wether to call it a victory or a defeat.

All in all , he found himself at a wall. Unsure what he was supposed to do from here.

Walking away from the hospital , he decided on searching for his duffel bag at the stadium.....or what was left of it.

From a glass wall , Bakugo stared at the back of the fighter.
Throughout the tournament he watched this fighter just as he watched him. In some weird way , they shared a sort of respect for each other's strength.

" You sure he doesn't have a quirk? " The blonde asked.

Midoryia shook his head while taking down some notes on his notebook.
" No , I asked Present Mic about it....but he only knew what Rin wrote on the tournament signings "

" If he doesn't have a quirk , the how did he transform like that during his fight with that devil man? " Ochako asked.

" As of now , there's no way we can assume that that was his quirk. After all he was using ki to attack during the tournament , so it's likely that that must've been some sort of dark ki " Todoroki said , earning surprised stares from those in the room.

All of them looked out the window and watched the boy turn a corner and disappear behind a building.
" well just have to wait and see "

* Back with Rin *

It was weird , by some miracle....his duffel bag seemed untouched.

It rested upon a pile of rocks , where Rin picked it up and searched it's contents.
Finding everything intact , he walked away from the stadium.

His first stop on his journey was destroyed.... meaning he had to start again and this time win.

Stories of his Father and mother's many fights throughout their journey included their rivals.

The fighter continued to walk without a top through the streets of musutafu , until he passed a TV store.

The sounds of screaming and cheering crowds got his attention , and he went to get a closer look.

On display was large flat screen TV , and on it was an ongoing wrestling match.
And what he saw shocked him....more than the prospect of his bag surviving total destruction.

On the screen was a man , Standing seven feet tall , wearing red and white tights with a black trim along with a gold belt adorned with white crossed lace straps and both gold wristbands and his red wrestling boots with a gold trim.

There was no doubt about it. His parents had told him stories about a man who wrestled with bears for training. A wrestler so strong that a suplex from him would send you're body into the ground. The man known as the red cyclone.... Zangief.

Snapping him from his thoughts and from what he was watching , a bullet shot passed him. Missing him by a hair.

He turned to see armed men wearing protective gear which had the symbol of police on them.

(" The police? ") He thought as he got into a fighting stance.

Three of them stood back and fired their weapons while five ran at Rin.

The fighter was about to attack when a large saw blade came Infront of him , and blocked the bullets.

Before he could react , he was being dragged by the Arm and down an alley.

The men did chase them , only for them to stopped by a sudden release of smoke which clouded their visions.

Rin looked at the person dragging him , and it was strange....like time froze...

A woman , looked about his age. She had brown skin and long braided hair which was dark purple and adorned with different beads.

Her clothing was pretty revealing and on her back was a large saw blade.

They stopped running when they reached a road outside the city.
(" Meaning they ran for miles till exiting musutafu ")

Neither looked out of breath , and Rin was impressed by her stamina.

The girl turned to him and smiled.
" That was a long run wasn't it? Haha " she said laughing.

Rin nodded.

She extended her hand to him.
" Hi , the names Darli Dagger " she greeted.