A Short Childhood

We pull up in front of Easton's house and I get a pain of nostalgia. I see my six-seven-eight-nine-ten-eleven-year old self running around his house, which always smelled like freshly ground cinnamon and mowed grass. If I could pinpoint my childhood, it would be this house. I shake my head as I pull up in front, noting the semi new Jeep in front.

Willow bolts upright and tucks the three cartons under her arm and is already out the door before the truck is parked. She hurls them hitting the back window, tires and lights with reckless abandon. I sigh and pull out a magazine from under the seat, this should be over soon. I glance up and see her coming over to the front on the car, slamming egg after egg on the hood, tears streaming down her face.

"Cheating, lying, jerk!!" she screams with each egg bursting. I see Mrs. Gohen come out, the screen door slamming behind her. Shitshitshitshit. I see her lips moving and I can practically hear her saying 'Oh my staaars' in her sweet, southern belle way.

Willow comes sprinting to the car and slides into the front seat. I take a fleeting look out the window, and see Mrs. Gohen going inside and calling for Easton. He comes running outside. Hopefully all he can see is the dust my ruck kicks up as I leave, gunning it to the end of the street.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~