"...What did you think I was...?"

Blood, tears, sweat, dirt, ripped clothing and even spilled gasoline from wrecked bikes. The scent, the scene, and the sounds were all overwhelming. I could barely feel anything. It loaded my senses to the max. All I could see was the man in front of me. Ugly, tall, and angry. I wore brass knuckles and a metal mask.

I clenched my fists, thumb over my fingers, and hit him across the face, trying not to let any emotions show. He falls over, blood spraying from his nose and mouth. As he falls, I kick him several times until I know he's passed out. I sigh and then am greeted by another equally ugly, tall, and angry man. He managed to push me to the ground.

"Heh! You're gonna die, pretty-boy!" I kick him off hard. Then mumble through my mask... "I'm a girl, by the way."

"You're a GIRL?!" He says in pure shock.

I shove him off and raise my eyebrow. "...What did you think I was...?" He looks embarrassed now. "W-well..." I don't have time for this. I kick him in the jaw, I hear a crack, and he yells. I hit him where the sun doesn't shine, and he's out. I run to another side before someone punches me. I feel someone pick me up.

His smile is wide, and his hair is as puffy as ever. "Almost teleported into tomorrow just then!" Nahoya Kawata said. I nod and get back into action... I see Manjiro Sano and Kazutora Hanemiya fighting. I widen my eyes at the sight... Mikey looked so... Dead. Just then, some dude knocks me out.

~~~

Her name was Airu Mizukawa. She had long chestnut brown hair, white bangs, and deep blue eyes. She wore her hair up in a high ponytail and wore baggy jeans and a sweater with rainboots. She went to a shrine and stood under a large willow tree.

"Look at that dude! Man he looks stupid." Some kids from the middle school down the street say. She ignores them. But they don't plan on leaving her alone. They approach her and get into her face, although she keeps her eyes shut.

"Oi, loser." Guy 1, mocked. "We're talking to ya!" Guy 2, shouted. Guy 3 also spoke, "Pfft- maybe he's deaf-" She opens her large eyes. "Heh- he's got pretty eyes." Guy 1 teases. She sighed. Airu just looked away. Guy 1 was getting too comfortable.

"Awh... He's shy." Airu didn't care but looked at him. "I'm actually a girl." All the guys held their breath, then started laughing. One even grasped her shoulder. "That just makes this easier." Guy 2 said. "And funner." Guy 3 added.

"Funner isn't a word." She punched him in the gut. She kicked the second guy across the face. She pulled the first guy's hair. "You said my eyes were pretty, so you get to run." With that, he ran. Fast.

She smiled slightly and hid her brass knuckles under her sweater sleeve. She had to deal with people a lot in these parts, and she refuses to "be careful" just because of some creepers. She's aware that men's upper body strength is stronger than women, but their legs are equal to men's. So she trained to punch with brass knuckles to match a man's punch and works out her legs often.

She walked towards the shrine to the well. She poured water from the large spoon onto her hands and threw it on her face. She hated feeling emotions, as well as expressing them... Emotions only lead to worse situations. 

She walked away with her head bowed. From the corner of her eye, almost like slow-mo, she saw long blonde hair. She stopped in her tracks and saw a guy standing there, looking at her. He had deep blue eyes-almost black eyes. She blinked at him, her lips slightly parted.

"If you don't want to be mistaken for a guy again, maybe wear a skirt?" He smiled. Airu only stood there. "...I don't like skirts..." She said matter-a-factly. The blondie chuckled. "I thought so, if you did, that probably wouldn't be such a funny situation, and I would've felt the need to butt in quicker."

"You watched?" He put his arms behind his head, stretching. "Yup! I also saw your brass knuckles." She blinked. "There is no rule against it." He continued to smile at her. "No, there isn't. If there was, you'd be the exception. You're a great fighter with them." She couldn't help but smile... Slightly.

"My name is Manjiro Sano; call me Mikey." 

"Airu Mizukawa."

"We're friends now, Ahri-chin!" He smiled childishly. She smiled a little more. "Airu..." Mikey smiled. "Ahri!" She didn't bother anymore. She looked away shyly. "So... We're friends... Why's that?" 

Mikey looked a lot more serious now. "Well, you don't look like a bad friend. Not to mention, you're strong. Probably just as strong as the average guy in my gang, but you're a girl, so that makes you the strongest girl." Airu doesn't know how to take this but thanks him for the "compliment" anyways.

"Thank you. Mikey-kun." She tried the nickname. Oddly cute. She appreciates that he broke the ice first. Then she froze. "...You said... Gang?" Mikey smiled again. 

"I'm the leader of what I'd like to say, is the best gang in Toyko. The Toyko Manji Gang. Toman, in other words." Airu widened her eyes. "Looks like you've heard of us, Ahri-chin~" He prolong the "n" sound while his grin grew. She looked away.

"I have." 

"Oi, Takemitchy, Mikey-kun." A tall man with... A weird braid thing... And a large tattoo around his head walked into the scene, as well as a blonde kid with light blue eyes. Airu questioned her choices at that moment.

"Draken-kun! Takemitchy! Meet Ahri-chin~!" I look over at them and bow only slightly. "Airu Mizukawa." I corrected. "Hey there, Ahri-chin." Draken said with a smile. "My name is Takemichi Hanagaki." They messed up on his name too.

Airu nodded her head. Draken put an arm around her. "He's got pretty eyes." Mikey snickered. "He's a girl." Draken widened his eyes. "He's a girl?" Takemichi widened his eyes too. "She's a girl?"

Airu felt she was dealing with idiots but continued to pull herself through politely. "I am, a girl." "No wonder you've got pretty eyes." Draken said. 

Airu cringed internally. "Thanks..." Mikey then clapped his hands together. "I've decided- you're gonna join my gang under Chifuyu Matsuno's division. The First Division's Vice Captain." Takemichi audibly gasped. "B-but we just... You just met her!" Mikey looked over at him with a glare. "She's strong. We'll need that in a few days." Takemichi grew silent.

Draken broke the very pregnant silence. "Welcome to the gang, Ahri-chin!" he patted her back rather hard. Mikey went over and did the same. Takemichi took a second but shook her hand anyway.

"Isn't this... Dangerous for a girl?" Takemichi said. Airu had enough.

"I may not have the upper-body strength, but I can run, jump, and kick like a grown-freaking-man. I got brass knuckles that hurt more than a father's glare of disappointment. I don't like talking anyways, so I'll cover up my mouth with something tough, so they can't hurt me as quickly. I might have to cheat a bit but just watch. I'll beat them. I'll kill them all."

She glared. Her voice rang; it was deep, for a girl. This reached Takemichi somehow. He looked like he was having an internal conflict. She smirked when she realized she got him questioning his own resolve. She turned to Draken and Mikey. "Whaddya say, Mikey-sama?" She gave an almost crazed smile. Mikey returned the look.

"I'm counting on you." He said with a nod. Draken smirked. Takemichi still seemed shaken.