4

Rolanda took a seat on a velvet couch and tried not to vomit. For all of CeeCee’s pretend class, the woman was still cheap and tacky. Velvet, for fuck sake. Who had red velvet couches anymore? Only whores. And Rolanda planned on giving up the payment that was due to her.

            CeeCee gave her a dangerous smile, as if she were looking at Rolanda like an insect that she wanted to squash. Bitch done a lot of squashing already, Rolanda thought. Fucking cunt bitch.

            “Would you like some tea or coffee, or something stronger?” CeeCee’s voice was pleasant, even if the tone was a little chilly. Rolanda could tell the bitch was still wondering why Rolanda was here. The knife thrummed in her bag and she felt a wetness between her legs.

            “I’d love a glass of wine, if it wouldn’t be too much trouble.”

            CeeCee gave a fake little laugh that sounded like tinkling bells. “Well, I only have champagne I’m afraid. Will that do?”

            Cunt rag fucking whore bitch, Rolanda thought. “That would be lovely.” She kept her tone pleasant, warmer than CeeCee’s.

            “It’s not even noon yet, but you always could hold your liquor.”

            For a moment, Rolanda saw red, her eyes glazing over with the rage she had carried inside of her for five years. That part of her that had been ripped out at CeeCee’s betrayal, that dark void that kept her awake at nights as it ate at more of her, ate away at what remained of her sanity, screamed and stormed inside of her.

            Rolanda let out a careful little laugh and blinked demurely to rid her eyes of the red glaze that covered them. She longed to pull the knife from her purse and plunge it into one of CeeCee’s botoxed eyes, perhaps slicing the flesh of cheekbone like a piece of dirty meat.

            FUCKING CUNT BITCH! The knife slipped inside of her purse Rolanda thought. Instead she let out a laugh and a smile that did not reach her eyes. “Oh, you.” She said. “I seem to recall you having some really wild nights yourself.”

            Cee Cee’s eyes hardened. She didn’t like to be reminded of what had gotten her to where she was, what she had sacrificed, who she had thrown under the bus. “Of course.” She said. She got up quickly and clacked along in her high heels to the kitchen to get the champagne.