Pool • Ghost x Reader

Start from the beginning

You don't get a response but instead hear the sound of water breaking and a splash. Small waves hit your body and you ripple a bit as the water moves under you.

You watch as ghost floats back to the top of the water.

"Swimming with your clothes on, yeah?" You tease. "Don't waterboard yourself."

He just shrugged. "Makes no difference in the swim gear I've got." He says in his monotone voice. "I just wanted to feel the water." He chuckled.

You smile, shifting a bit. Silence fell upon you two.

But not for long as it was your turn to break it.

"I messed up."

"Nonsense" ghost said, his voice genuine.

However, you don't listen. You shake your head. "But I could've-"

"Y/n, in this line of work you do what you have to do. You tried your best. And I wouldn't be here telling you that if I thought otherwise." He reassured.

You turned your head, careful not to get water in your ears. You sighed and dipped your legs under the water, now swimming over to the edge where he was now simply leaning against. Next to him, you crossed your arms over the tiled floor and laid your head on them.

"What would I do without you, Ghost." You say.

There's a moment before you get any response from him.

"Simon." He says.

You look up, hearing his real name spiked your interest.

"Huh?"

"Simon. You can call me Simon." He says.

You blink, making sure you weren't dreaming.

"Ok.. Simon." You say.

Saying his real name out loud was so surreal. Sure you've said it before to yourself countless of times in the comfort of your own room. Wondering what it'd be like to have the ability to call him by it.

But for it to be real? And not some day dream?

You blink again, looking back down.

Ghost turned a bit, his big hand cupping your jaw.

The gesture shocked you, however you didn't reject it. Rather, you leaned into his touch.

The underneath of his mask moved to which you assumed meant he was smiling. Just a little bit at least.

You brought a hand up to place over his and you pulled it closer into your face, if possible.

Silence filled the room again, you two simply staring into one another's eyes. You lifted yourself onto the edge now, sitting on it as he leaned on it still.

His height gave him the advantage to be face to face with you even though you were sat up. It was nothing to complain about though.

No more verbal words were exchanged, but when he moved his hand over yours and you flipped it to intertwine your fingers, he took the message.

His free hand sliding up his balaclava to expose his lips. Like clockwork, you two moved in at the same time, perfectly encapsulating each others lips. The kiss you both had been waiting for finally falling upon you and it was amazing.

It wasn't long or heated, but it had the perfect amount of admiration and love in it that when he pulled away, his initial urge to apologize went away completely.

"Y/n, you did what you had to do, ok? And if no one else will reassure you I will until the day I die. You're such a good soldier it makes me sick, fucking hell I love watching you on the field.." he rambles.

All while he talks, you've got the biggest grin on your face.

"Simon.." you whisper.

Ghost felt his nerves start to wrack again, fearing he said something wrong.

"N-No- I'm sorry. I just meant to-"

"There's no room for love on the battlefield but thank god we're on the same team because I think I love you, Simon Riley." You say, blushing.

Ghost just chuckled, looking down. He leaned his forehead against yours, cupping your jaw.

"That was so corny,"

"And what you said wasn't?"

"Not nearly as that, love." He snickered.

It was nice having a wholesome conversation with him. After seeing him being nothing but solid and scary for what felt like weeks on end, to finally hear him chuckle and see him smile!?

It's an amazing feeling.

You bring a hand up onto his chest and look into his eyes, asking him a silent question with your looks.

He smirked and pecked your lips simply.

"And yes dear..

I think..

I love you too."

——

Gn y'all as per usual, hope y'all enjoyed <3