𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

dove shook her head. "no. i wanna be with john b."

"don't you know what he did?" topper questioned.

"i didn't do it. just listen." john b spoke up.

"nah, nah, man. you killed the sheriff. you're a maniac, john b." topper replied.

"i did not kill the sheriff! you have to listen to me!" john b exclaimed and stepped forward.

topper stepped back and slowly put the beers down.

john b then began running and dove looked at him to topper, then followed john b, but topper was too fast and grabbed ahold of dove.

"no! no, let go of me! let go of me!" dove screamed.

"hey, sh, dove it's alright. i'm just tryna help you." topper replied.

"no!" she yelled.

he covered her mouth with his hand, but she bit down and he yelped before releasing her.

she scrambled over to the door of the room that john b locked himself in and started clawing at it.

"john b!" she screamed. "john b, john b, john b, john b!"

but topper got up and grabbed her, then threw her to the side.

she cried as topper quickly got a chair and put it up against the door

dove tried getting up, but topper shoved her to the side.

"you're not coming out of there john b. no
matter what dove tries to do, or what you say. i've got you, buddy. i've got you." topper said.

"topper, please." dove begged.

"shut up, dove." topper scolded.

"look, topper, just let me out, man—."

"just cut the bullshit, alright? the—the chickens are roostin', brother. like it—it is over. you're in some deep shit now, man." topper interrupted.

"listen to me! i didn't kill the sheriff!" john b exclaimed.

"you didn't shoot the sheriff?" topper raised his eyebrows.

"he didn't! it was my mom!" dove exclaimed.

topper slowly turned to look at her.

"it was my mom. you believe that, don't you? she's mary tatum. the pougiest of all pouges. a former drug addict. committed many, many crimes. do you really think i'm going to lie about that? try to frame my mom for murder? and her past too? come on, topper." dove shook her head.

topper just looked at her.

"topper, i was there too." dove nodded.

he continued staring.

"what's going on?" a voice asked.

the two looked over to see sarah.

"sarah?" john b asked from outside of the door.