Entry 2

God...where do I even begin? Like I said, one of them ambushed us when we were eating. It was a dark pit of black with eerie eyes staring into our soul. Ellen referred to it as...Munci? Whatever that name was. Anywho, it tore apart base-camp, and forced us to flee to a parking lot under a mall. And that's where we are now, we sleep under abandoned cars, and made a fire out of one of them so we can cook. Today we're going to explore the mall.

* * *

The singing rang through the intercom and into my ears. Me, Ben and Arthur had gone up to explore the mall, and for some reason, it was still playing music. "I thought this place closed when the apocalypse started." I remarked.

"It did." Arthur replied, cocking his rifle. "And that's no intercom song."

Suddenly the ground rumbled. We were encountered by a white, basic smiley face, flashing black and white. It...it seemed to be singing something. I could make out something like "You are an idiot." And some chuckling. Whatever it was, we ran as fast as we could through the mall. And again, another one cornered us, this one with a frowny face. Upon locking gazes with us, its frown slowly curled into an uncanny grin.

"That's what Ellen called Jerma." Arthur gasped, shooting it and running up the escalator. We skidded round the corner, into an art store and hid behind the shelves.

"How are we gonna get past those things?!" Ben panted, his breath shaking. We could hear screaming outside too. 

Arthur's eyes widened. "No. Ellen!" He dashed off, the nextbots spotting him and careering after him. Me and Ben glanced at each other and followed him. When we climbed down the stairs, we saw Ellen and John cornered by a nextbot with inky black hair and a pale white face, teeth gleaming with fresh blood. John had multiple cuts, while Ellen was on the floor, blood pooling around her.

Arthur let out a scream of defiance and rage, shooting at the nextbot and hitting it right in the middle of its face. It slumped to the floor. "Ellen..." He gasped, running towards her.

She was barely conscious, the blood never-ending. We couldn't make out anything she was saying, but it was something. Then, she went limp, and all we could hear was the blood oozing from the nextbot and Arthur's sobs.