But Drea could hate him and treat him like scum of the earth, and he would love her like she was a sinless angel.

That was just their dynamic. Drea saw it as the opposite, but she couldn't be more wrong.

Drea had her face nuzzled into his neck and didn't exactly realize just how much she missed him until she was taking in his signature scent.

He just smelt so comforting and safe to her and even though she was one thousand percent sure he was going to put her through the most pain she had ever endured for the stunt she pulled, she somehow found comfort in her usual routine.

No more creepy people, unhygienic motels, and barely getting by with her limited amount of money.

The cost was almost deadly, but it was a lose/lose situation.

However, in one of them, she didn't have to worry about anyone but Antonio. In the other, she had to worry about everyone including Antonio.

It was a dumb decision for sure. But it was well thought out and Drea had thought really deeply about how she was going to live out the rest of her life and this made the most sense.

Now she was back and safe with her husband who would go as far as to kill anything or anyone that dared to bother a single pretty little hair on her head.

She was back with her husband who had a yearly salary of billions and her only concern was if he'll bring home an abundance of designer jewelry or luxurious perfume.

Antonio did more for her than she gave credit for, she only saw the ugly, but she failed to recognize how much he takes care of her.

Maybe it was the "stockholm" talking but since she was a teenager when they had married, she is feeling her true submissiveness return to her body.

Not a faux to soften his blows but an actual feeling of giving her life to Antonio once again.

Drea was going to sell her soul to the devil, and no one could stop her.

It was a sad thing honestly. Drea had no family and no direction.

Antonio had ruined her and ripped her to shreds more mentally than he could physically.

He had triggered chemical imbalances in her brain and had made her so addicted to him that she had a taste of a free life and still wound up back to an abusive man.

But how could she know? She's just a lost woman who was locked down in a possessive marriage before she was even 20.

Her brain couldn't even develop before Antonio had begun his mind games.

You just had to be there to understand. To take Drea's place.

So many women swear up and down that they'd react in the "best" way if they were plunged into a world like this.

But there's no good way to leave a man that'll kill for you and hurt the ones that have hurt you yet hurt you the most.

It's an extremely confusing relationship.

If you had loved a man since you could even talk and walk, and he had upped and left suddenly leaving an emptiness within you and he finally returns years later, will you have attachment issues? Especially towards him?

No matter how anyone answers that they'll never know. They'll never really know.

It was the art of a toxic soul tie. It was constraining, dark, obsessive, and painful and she found herself running to him every time because no matter how much she tried to stand her ground, he had power over her forever.