viii. advice

𐬿 𐬼 ♡︎♥︎ 𐬼 𐬿 𝙫𝙞𝙞𝙞. 𝙖𝙙𝙫𝙞𝙘𝙚

❝𝙄𝙨 𝙔/𝙉 𝙖𝙛𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜? 𝙄𝙣 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩, 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙨 𝙮𝙚𝙨.❞

Y/N ISN'T OBLIVIOUS, until it is related to her own love-life

Y/N ISN'T OBLIVIOUS, until it is related to her own love-life. She always knows when someone has a crush on someone else, except when the situation involves herself. That's why she can't really figure out that Boris has a huge crush on her. That's also why she's currently begging Theo for his guidance to love.

"Pleaseeee Theo, I just need your help this once," Y/N pleads. Theo sighs, "Sure, guess I couldn't really say no."

"Thank you so much! Your service will not be forgotten," Y/N jokes, as she does a mock salute. Theo laughs, "Damn right it won't."

"So basically, my issue is that I like this person, right? The only problem is that I can't tell if he likes me back. I mean, he's constantly flirting with me, but I have no idea if that's just his personality or if he really likes me," Y/N rants to the ginger-haired boy. He nods his head, and listens attentively to the girl.

"I see," Theo begins. "so you have a crush on Boris, wow."

"Wha-I didn't even say I did!" Y/N stutters.

"You didn't have to, I already knew. Y/N, Boris and I are the only people you talk to," Theo says, an eyebrow cocked. Y/N sighs, "Look, can you just help me?"

"Well, I am, aren't I?" Theo questions. Y/N sighs once again.

"You have to give me real advice, Theodore," the girl retorts.

"Look, I say you just go for it. Has Boris flirted with a few girls in his lifetime? Yes. Actually more than a few; more like a bunch-" Y/N cuts Theo off. "That's not helping!"

"Sorry! Anyway, even though he is a natural flirt, you have a shot. You guys would be great together, and I think he likes you back," Theo states, a smile planted on his lips. Y/N purses her lips together.

"But it's still not for certain if he likes me back, him being a natural flirt and all. I just don't want to screw up our friendship or anything of the sort," Y/N says. Theo puts a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"You won't, promise," Theo says. "Boris gets over things quickly. Even if he didn't like you, he wouldn't make things awkward so long as you don't." Y/N nods, and there's a moment of silence for a second.

"Thanks, Theo," Y/N blurts out.

"For what?" he queries.

"For being there," Y/N answers, with a grin.

"It's nothing," the boy replies.

𐬿 𐬼 ♡︎♥︎ 𐬼 𐬿

Is Y/N afraid of confessing? In short, the answer is yes. She is very scared. Hence why she probably won't be confessing her love to Boris. Theo did say that Boris probably likes her back, but she still has this thought lingering in her head. She still has something holding her back.

It's always been there, her self doubt. She's never really been able to contain it, either.

The funny thing is, is that everyone has it. That little voice in the back of your head that holds you back from living life without regrets or doubts.

Some people are able to control it, and tell the voice to go away, others can't.

Y/N's mother always said that being able to control that "annoying voice," makes the difference in how you live your life. Her mother said that a person who is able to control the self doubt, is always happier than the person who can't.

But Y/N can't seem to shake the self doubt.

Perhaps that's one reason why she's not as happy as can be.

                                  𝙒𝙤𝙧𝙙 𝘾𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩: 625

                                         𝙪𝙢𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙨