Chapter 2 (The Moment)

Start from the beginning

Lucas snickers

Well..well.. never thought I'd hear that from her. What a plot twist.

Hours later (The Ball)

Athanasia gets dressed into her beautiful gown, Lily does her hair. The jewels that she wears are new and are from her father(Claude).

This is Athy's hair

" Oh my.. Lily, this is absolutely beautiful! Thank you thank you thank you!!!" I say giving Lily a big squeeze, "Of course princess, Happy birthday darling" I smile. I begin to run towards the ballroom and then I see my dad standing there admiring my dress. I walk up to him and say "Hi daddy, do you like it?" He gives me a warm smile and says "You are absolutely stunning Athanasia, are you ready?" I nodded.

We waited for one of the people to announce to us, "Announcing Emperor Claude and his daughter Princess Athanasia de Alger Obilea." Father and I walk through the curtain into the ballroom everyone begins to clap. They all stop when they get a good look at my dress, once me and my father stop at the end of the stairs the music begins to start. Father offers his hand out for the first dance, I happily take it and we make our way to the middle of the floor and begin to dance. "The princess is simply the definition of true beauty," someone in the crowd says.

People in the crowd begin to talk and say wonderful things about Athanasia. Most of them were about her looks though.

Somewhere in the crowd with Lucas

I have everything prepared and yet I'm sitting here nervous as hell waiting for her to come out those curtains... and these clothes are hella uncomfortable, I don't know how she wears them everyday. I walk over to the table with all the drinks and grab some royal wine and I end up drinking 3 glasses of wine. Next thing I know I hear the horn and the announcer say "Announcing Emperor Claude de Alger Obilea and his daughter Princess Athanasia de Alger Obilea." I place my glass down quickly and try to get through the crowd, once I finally make it through I look up to see Athanasia in the most beautiful dress. My jaw drops a tad while watching her walk down those steps. I didn't think that I could ever miss someone but here I am looking forward to seeing her face when she sees me. Now I just have to wait until after the first dance...

This is Athy's Dress

With Athanasia

In our kingdom it's tradition that the royal family always begins the first dance. Father and I danced like this on my 15th birthday and it was magical. After the first dance I began to greet many other Royals. Then there was a moment where I could escape from the crowd. I took a minute to breathe before I went back inside.

"Athy" I hear my name get called and I turn around to see a shadow in the darkness I call out "Who's there? Come out" the shadow slowly walks out of the darkness. "Ouch, I was gone for that long" Athanasia eyes widened as she saw the face of the boy she was waiting eagerly for. "LUCAS?!" Athanasia says "The one and only" Lucas says smiling.

Athanasia runs up and gives Lucas the tightest hug ever. Lucas stands there for a second trying to process that he's here with her, then returns the hug. "Athy, you're going to break my neck at this point." Lucas says, Athy let's go of Lucas. Her hands begin to fidget with one another. "Oh right! I'm so sorry! I got a little excited" Athy said, "It's alright, anyways how's your party going?" "It's a lot isn't it?" Lucas says, "I told daddy not to go all out but, he doesn't listen to me" Athy says and Lucas responds "I think it's just enough for a princess" Athy blushes, "Although I am quite offended that I haven't gotten a dance yet, you seem to be quite popular princess" Athy's eyes winded su rprised that Lucas would be interested in dancing. "Your interested in dancing, my my I am surprised a magician can dance." Athy smiles as she says, "Don't you get smart with me Princess" Athy laughs, "I accept your offer Mr. Magician"

Athy takes Lucas' hand and starts to bring him inside. Lucas pulls her back lightly and holds her waist. "Is something wrong?" Athy asks, "Let's dance out here..." Lucas pulls her in closer and begins to dance, I don't anyone laying their eyes on you Lucas thinks.

Athy and Lucas dance to the music playing in the ballroom. This was their moment, just the two of them together. They dance for 2 rounds then they break for a moment.

"I don't think I've ever seen you dance, that was surprising" Athy says while catching her breath, "I'm definitely better than how you started" Lucas says smirking, "HEY!" Athy says while slapping him, then they both begin laughing.

"I've missed this.." Athy says, Lucas looks at her and says quietly, "You have no idea" "Hm?" "Nothing" They stand in silence for a moment "We should head back before Daddy ends up worrying" Athy grabs Lucas' hand and they walk into the ballroom.

I'll find a time, don't worry Princess...

Tune in more in chapter 3