Chapter 11- Follow a trail

Start from the beginning

"Now, who can tell us the name of this beauty" She gestured to a white plant contained in a glass.

Bianca raised her hand cockily and was about to answer but Wyatt beat her to it.

"Dendrophylax Lindenii" Wyatt answers and you look at him confused.

Bianca gave him a weird look "Otherwise known as Ghost Orchid."

"First discovered on the Isle of Wight in 1854" Wyatt continues and you gaze at him proudly a small smile on your face.

Ms. Thornhill looked impressed "Very good Wyatt. Looks like you may have a competition for first chair, Bianca."

Bianca's mouth twitched in annoyance.

"Wyatt, perhaps you can identify the Ghost Orchid's greatest qualities." Laur- I mean Ms. Thornhill suggested.

"Resilience and adaptability. It's able to thrive in even the most hostile environments." He answered.

"But it's mere presence can change the ecosystem, causing the established plants to reject it." Bianca adds.

"Usually because the native species are allowed to thrive unchecked. Nothing a weedwacker can't fix." Wyatt suggests.

"You can certainly try." Bianca smirks.

"Are we still talking about flowers?" Xavier asks confused.

You shake your head in response and squeeze Wyatt's hand.

"Thank you, you two for illuminating those insights. Clearly the plants aren't the only carnivores in class today." Ms. Thornhill says awkwardly.

~With the canoe painting scene~

Wyatt approached Y/n who was helping Enid paint their canoe.

"I have to get back to the woods, but Weems has been watching me like a vulture circling a carcass." Wyatt says urgently.

"And you want me to cover for you for a crime that didn't happen?" Enid asks sarcastically.

Y/n nudged Enid telling her to shut up silently.

"I can cover for you if you want." Y/n offers.

"No Y/n, I want you to come with me."

"Why?"

"Think of it as a little date, plus you want to find evidence so you know you're not loosing your mind." 

Y/n blushed and nodded in agreement as Enid smirked at the pair and pushed Y/n towards Wyatt.

"Alright get this annoying person away from me" Enid jokes and you glare at her playfully.

"I need you as a decoy, I have beekeeping this afternoon." Wyatt tells Enid.

Enid winced "Sorry, two strikes. I'm busy and bees totally creep me out. Why don't you ask Thing? Oh wait he is mad at you."

Wyatt looks confused "Why is he mad? He is the one who screwed up."

Y/n frowns at him "It's not about if he screws up Wyatt, you hurt his feelings by saying mean things about him."

"Yeah. We spent an hour giving each other Manis and he really opened up." Enid agrees "He feels like you don't respect him as a person."

"Technically he is only a hand."

"He is also your family Wyatt, he too once was a human before." You say.

"Go apologize and I'll reconsider helping you. He is in our dorm." Enid told him.

Wyatt rolled his and kissed you before going off to apologize to Thing.

Wyatt entered Y/n and Enid's room and found Thing resting on Y/n's bed looking comfortable as he flipped through Enid's magazine.

"I snapped at you. I will check my tone in the future. Now chop-chop before all our leads turn cold." Wyatt said and turned around to leave but Thing didn't answer or follow.

"What is it you want? Hand cream? Nail buffer? New cuticle scissors? Consider it done." Wyatt bribed.

Thing closed the magazine and tossed it off the bed and tapped the top of the bed signalling Wyatt to sit down and he did so.

Thing signed something to him.

"I know I am stubborn, single-minded and obsessive. But those are all qualities of a great writer." He defends.

Thing made a gun motion with his body.

"Yes and serial killers. What's your point?"

Thing signed something.

"I have nothing to get off my chest.  I'm not submitting to your emotional blackmail." 

Thing drummed his fingers.

Wyatt sighs "fine." Wyatt pulled out a drawing "When Rowan showed me this, it confirmed my greatest fear. That I am going to be responsible for something terrible. Not terrible good like Ivan. Bad terrible, I can't let that happen. That's why I need to find the truth."

Unknown to the two of them Y/n was standing on the other side of the door listening to their conversation, the girl had finished helping Enid a few minutes ago and had come to check on them, she was about to come in when she heard Wyatt's speech, she knows that he can't be responsible for something terrible as he is afraid of being terrible. She will do her best to help him.

Thing patted Wyatt's hand in sympathy and comfort.

Wyatt cleared his throat awkwardly "Now if you will excuse me, I have to go meet up with Y/n so we can search the woods for evidence."

Thing signed something to him.

"Yes we are together"

Thing drew a heart with his finger.

"No I don't love her! Okay maybe I do...just a little, I swear if you tell her I will end you." 

Thing signed something to him again,

"Yes, going into a forest where a homicidal monster possibly lives is a perfect setting for a date, which is what we are doing but for business. I will take her on a proper date afterwards. Now if you tell her about this conversation. I repeat, I will end you." He threatens.

Thing slowly slithered away in fear and Wyatt smirks.

Hiii,

Hope you liked this chapter. Please, please vote and comment. I will see you next chapter. Thank you so much for reading!

This chapter is dedicated to Paige she is an amazing writer, please check out her stories, I am sure you will enjoy them!

Love,

Nidhi (my real name)