Chapter 2 - Fuel for the Fire

Flames of the Sun God

A One Piece Fanfic by GreyNimbus

~0~

OP/Luffy, Mature/Luffy, EarlyDFAwaken/Luffy, NoPairing

~0~

Disclaimer:

One Piece is owned by Eiichiro Oda. I do NOT own anything One Piece related. Obviously(!)

~0~

Chapter 2 - Fuel for the Fire

Human-Human Fruit

Model: Nika

(Mythical Zoan-type)

Due to its unique nature, this Devil Fruit grants the user a baseline body with the properties of rubber, giving the user's body limitations and restrictions similar in nature to that of a common Paramecia-type. The fruit's true power as a Mythical Zoan-type lies dormant until the user can successfully achieve an "Awakening".

After Awakening the fruit's true power, the user gains the abilities and appearance of the mythical Sun God, Nika, granting their already rubbery body more strength, freedom, and creativity and turning the user into what is known as the "Warrior of Liberation".

According to the legend that was inscribed on the ancient texts, the Warrior of Liberation was once revered as the "Sun God" by slaves from ancient times for bringing freedom and joy to those around them. Because of the nature of this legendary being, they are described as "the most ridiculous power in the world".

~0~

After reading that final paragraph out loud, Rayleigh closed the book with a hard SLAP. He and Luffy were taking their time processing all this new information that completely changed their view of Luffy's Devil Fruit.

"With this new info, we now know that your Devil Fruit powers come from a Zoan-type," Rayleigh stated, "Your body has already adapted to the belief that it's a Paramecia-type, but we can fix that later."

Luffy scratched the back of his head, "Uhh, I'm a little confused. If I've had Zoan powers this whole time, how come I've never transformed like all the other Zoan-type users I've seen?"

"It's most likely because you ate a variety of the Human-Human Fruit that makes it unnoticeable since you're already a human, to begin with. Vegapunk must've known that somehow, which is why he wrote it down in classified records. I can't tell whether he gave it to my crew by accident... or on purpose."

Rayleigh puts his books away before pulling out something else that jingled like a chain. Showing it to Luffy, it revealed a pair of Sea-Prism Stone handcuffs.

Sea-Prism Stone is a rare and unique substance that radiates the same energy as the sea, which can neutralize and drain the abilities of Devil Fruit users.

"What are those for?" Luffy asked, pointing to said handcuffs.

"They're Sea-Prism Stone handcuffs," Rayleigh answered, "We'll be wearing them while training."