If the Stars Collide

Chapter 1

Minjun Kim, a foreign exchange student from Seoul, South Korea recently moved to LA to attend Harrisford College. However, his childhood was quite difficult. His parents got into a divorce when his father discovered that the mother was cheating on him. After that, he and his younger sister, Heeyoung, mostly lived with their father who taught them self defense when they were only 6 and 3 years old. Unfortunately, their father fell ill when Minjun was 14 years old, and he and his sister had to take care of him while he got a part-time job. Despite the challenges, Minjun and Heeyoung were very close, and she confided in him about everything. When Heeyoung started dating, Minjun was happy for her until he saw her boyfriend at the movies with another girl. Outraged, he informed his sister, and they broke up. Minjun was there to comfort her during this difficult time.

As he gets out of the Uber he runs into a tall black girl. He looks at her and he freezes. "She's so beautiful." He thought. "Minjun, what are you doing? You need to find your dorm." He apologizes and quickly leaves to go find his dorm. "What's up with him?" She thought. After a while he finally finds his dorm, he opens the door to see a tall black guy rearranging his posters. Minjun was shocked, he had seen this guy before. The guy introduces himself, "Hi I'm Jordan!!" *flashback...again* Jordan's parents run a HUGE fashion company called REALEST FASHION. His dad paid for all of his college expenses and student loans while Minjun had to work for it. In Middle School, he joined the basketball team and fell in love with it ever since. In High School, he still joined the basketball team and ended up meeting a girl named Naomi and they ended up getting in a relationship. *end of flashback*

Minjun bows and introduces himself. He gathers his things on his bed, gets his bag, and leaves. He walks to his class and senses someone behind him, it's the girl he ran into earlier. "You have this class too?" She asked. "Yeah, also I'm sorry I ran into you earlier." She sighs, "It's fine, things happen, you could bump into the right person in a second and lose them in the next. I'm Naomi." Minjun started to get nervous but introduced himself, "Minjun." They shake hands and sit in their seats. "Okay class has started, pull up your textbooks and take notes." The professor said. Jordan ran into the classroom, "Sorry I'm late." At this point, the teacher doesn't care. Minjun sees Jordan go up to Naomi and kiss her. He ignores them and continues his work. He starts thinking of a way to get her away from him, but he just leaves it alone... for now.

He got back to his dorm room and was so excited to see Mochi (his cat) until he saw her snuggling against Jordan. "WHAT IS GOING ON??" Minjun asks. "Oh hey you're back!! What took you so long?" Jordan said. He drops Mochi and she runs towards Minjun. "Why are you holding my cat??" "I'm sorry I didn't mean to, she just came onto me." "Well I'm glad she's okay. Also, do you know a girl named Naomi??" Minjun asked. Jordan didn't answer, he started to get suspicious of Minjun.

Chapter 2

The next morning, Jordan took the initiative to make breakfast. The delicious aroma of pancakes, eggs, and orange juice filled the air, waking Minjun up with a confused look on his face. He headed to the kitchen and was met with Jordan's cheerful "Good morning sleepyhead!" Jordan offered him a serving of pancakes, which Minjun happily accepted. They both got ready for class after enjoying their meal. Minjun said goodbye to Mochi before leaving for the day.

They walked into the classroom and Minjun said hi to Naomi. He sat down and started to feel tired, he questions himself on why he is so tired this morning when he clearly had enough hours of sleep. Not long after, he fell asleep. Jordan notices him sleeping and a smirk appears on his face. Naomi questions his smirk, Jordan tells her that it's nothing, she notices Minjun sleeping and asks if he's okay, Jordan tells her that he didn't get enough sleep. She believes him and continues working.