Chapter- 13 Dark

🕷️🕸️

Sero kissed Mina on the lips before grunting, "I need to go."

"Oh come on~~! Just one more!"

"No, I'm serious. I need to go."

He tried to peel Mina off him, but she just whined, "Pleassse! Just one more!"

"I'm going to be late. I need to leave."

Once more he tried to remove the pink pj clad woman from his neck, but she simply groaned loudly, "Who caress?! Lighten up Han, it's just 2 seconds. Kiss me!"

Sero grabbed Mina's wrist hard enough to make her freeze. He curled his upper lip and stated, "Mina. I said no. Please, respect that."

Mina was taken aback before big crocodile tears bubbled up in her eyes.

Sero blinked in surprise before letting go of her. He had forgotten he had to be easy with Mina. Time with Elise had made him forget that he couldn't be stern with her in words nor action, and this glaring difference between the woman he used to adore and the one he was growing to long to be beside...it made his chest pang.

"Shit, I'm sorry." Sero shoved his keys into his pocket and cupped her now watery cheeks. "Don't cry. I'm sorry."

"B-but you told me no. Do you not want me anymore?"

It had been three weeks since Sero had sent that text to Mina. They had been unofficially back together that entire time because Sero was afraid to go back to his quiet home and be left alone with his thoughts. He still didn't know exactly how he felt about Elise. When he allowed himself to think about all of their happy times, he could still hear that slap, and then his thoughts of her were poisoned with the words she had manipulated Chisaki with.

If she could treat him like that, could she do the same to me?

It wasn't a matter if she could. He knew damn well she could manipulate him just as easily, but would she?

Did he trust her enough to be around her without being on high alert?

Spending time having to pamper and coddle Mina meant he didn't have the luxury of seeing to his own inner dilemma thus he had been thankful for her selfishness in that way.

Sero gave her as best of a smile as he could. "Of course I still want you."

"Then why did you tell me no? I just wanted another kiss," Mina sniffled dramatically.

"Because this job is pretty strict. I can't be late, Min."

"This is why I told you not to do undercover work. If it's so dangerous you can't kiss your girlfriend goodbye, then it's not worth it!"

Sero felt a headache begin to throb in his temples. "It isn't a matter of it being too dangerous. You know I don't like to be late in general, Mina."

"But undercover jobs also take up too much of your time! We haven't spent a night together in days. It's 9 pm, and you're heading out. What type of life is this?"

Sero heard Elise's husky voice rumble through his mind, "If you want to set aside the cape and helmet and go undercover because you believe you can make a difference there, then fuck'n do it- not because I or anyone else tells you to- but so that you can go home and be proud of yourself at the end of yours day."

A tightness he had no idea how to get rid of squeezed his heart, and he rubbed at the tattooed flesh in confusion. "I don't have time for this. I'm sorry. I need to go," he mumbled as he got to his feet and walked toward his front door.