The Inkwell Archives

Mulai dari awal

Cuphead noticed his brother come into the room

"Hey Mugs, check this out!" The red cup ushered Mug over. "If we win against the King's guards, he gives us prize money! Look!" Cup held up a large brown sack filled with gold coins. The jingled like loose change as he held it up.

"That's great. But I really need to talk to you." Mugman tried to explain.

"Oh, can't it wait just a minute? Chalice and I are in the middle of sparring with this guy." A gloved thumb pointed back at the armored horse.

"But this is really important!" The young mug insisted.

"Tell ya what, if you help us beat this guy we'll listen to you for as long as you like." Cuphead said to his sibling and draped an arm around his shoulders.

"Fine, I'll take care of this!" Mugman said with a huff and brushed his brother off.

"That's the spirit!" The red cup egged him on. Mug noticed the horse had pushed up his helmet a bit to take a look at the new challenger. It's silly grin grew even wider as the golden helmet crashed back down on its face.

The young mug charged forward without fear. At this point, he was ready to make this battle quick so his brother would not be so distracted when he tried to talk to him. The equine brought its sword down towards Mugman. It happened faster than Mug had predicted, causing him to take an exaggerated dive to the right.

"Whoa!" He squealed as the weapon came close to hitting him. The sword clanged loudly to the checkered tile floor.

I can't believe I barely avoided that... Mug breathed and shuddered at the thought that this horse was not holding back. The creature whinnied as it lifted the sword again. Both the weapon and the shield came crashing towards Mugman. How were these strikes so fast? The young mug wondered. For he was barely avoiding these blows and quickly draining his energy from all the dodges and dives he was taking. The horse's sword eventually got stuck in a crack between tiles. It struggled to pull out the weapon. This gave Mug a chance to attack. He jumped up and tried to charge up a powerful blue blast between his hands. It started to build up but quickly began to fizzle and die out. The energy pulsed a couple of times before going out completely.

"Huh?" He wondered, not remembering that he needed the demon for that kind of magic. At this point, using that kind of magic just seemed routine. And it confused the mug child when it suddenly didn't work. Before he could react, the horse's shield came barreling toward him. It crashed into his mug, sending him spiraling and screaming across the floor. His glass body tumbled over and over itself until it had exited the room. It did not stop moving until he crashed into a wall, rendering him unconscious.

Some time later, Mug began to wake up.

"Oh, my mug." He drawled out as he slowly sat up, rubbing his head. "I feel so weak and helpless....without him." Mugman still had his eyes closed as he talked to himself. "Ok, Cuphead I-" He suddenly stopped talking when he opened his eyes and realized he was not in the hall of the knights anymore. Cuphead and Chalice were nowhere to be seen. It was a spacious room that he was in. Absolutely all of the walls were chocked with books. The bookshelves climbed a couple stories tall, all the way to the ceiling. Mug had never seen such a large library. The smell of paper hit him like a ton of bricks. Red carpets lined paths around the place. There were spiral staircases that led both upstairs and downstairs. The young mug looked around, thinking one could easily get lost in this massive place. It was only after he was done looking around that he realized that he was sitting on a soft red couch. On the coffee table to his right sat a little hourglass. Something inside Mugman said to flip it over. So he did. And the sand started to drain to the other end.