30. a lot of yelling

Start from the beginning

Max only laughs as the girls catch up to Will and Lucas. "The movies?" Lucas repeats. "Dustin's so freaked out about the gate, he decides to go and watch a movie? Yeah, makes total sense."

"You're positive he said 'gate' and not 'great'?" Stephanie yells from a few feet behind, earning a glare from Lucas.

"Yeah," Will agrees. "Like, 'This movie Im watching is great.' "

"Sounded like 'gate'." El chimes in.

"Which would explain how the Mind Flayer's still alive." Mike adds.

Nancy sighs. "Yeah, we just have to shut it again."

"Then the monster dies." Stephanie says, turning to the side so the girls can easily exit the broken door.

"But if not," Max starts, turning to the side, mirroring Stephanie.

Stephanie catches onto what Max is saying. "We always have Lucas' fireworks." She gives the boy a look.

"Keep mocking my plan, woman. Keep mocking it. I wanna hear you say it again, because you keep doubting me. You keep doubting me!"

"I'm sorry, woman?" Stephanie scoffs, faking being offended.

"Ridiculous." Max mutters under her breath, obviously annoyed.

"Will? We're gonna prove those losers wrong right?" Lucas sighs, putting his arm around Wills shoulders.

"Definitely not." Stephanie groused, helping El into the backseat.

————

༺♥༻ The group enters through a dark back entrance of the mall, Stephanie not positive that they're supposed to be slinking around like this.

They slowly walk up to the railing and see four men dressed in all black, holding something in their hands which Stephanie couldn't see due to the distance.

What Stephanie does see is Steve, Robin, Dustin, and what seems to be Erica, hiding behind a counter in the malls food court.

All four men slowly walk over to the counter, now Stephanie realizes the men are holding guns, and are walking straight towards her friends and brother.

"Do-do something!" Stephanie whisper yells, nudging El on the arm.

El looks around for a moment until she steps forward to the edge of the railing and extends her arm.

A display car suddenly starts to ring and honk, making the men whip their guns towards the car, only to find that there isn't anyone in the car, but there is someone a floor above it.

El pushes her hand forward, making the car fly and hit the men, most likely killing them all.

They all watch as the four slowly stand up from their hiding place, looking each way before up at everyone, who are now all at the railing.

Everyone makes their way down the stairs, Max and Stephanie finding one another's hands again.

Dustin immediately runs up to El, laughing. "You flung that thing like a Hot Wheel!"