𝑴𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑴𝒓. 𝑱𝒐𝒂𝒅 - 𝑺𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝟐 𝑬𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒅𝒆 𝟒

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Jase" Eric greeted his best friend.

"Hey, you're not shooting hoops dressed like that, are you?" Jason asked.

"No, I gotta bail on the game today. Something kinda came up" Eric said.

"Oh, let me guess, and I'm just pulling this out of the air here - a certain senior girl named, uh, Vampira? Desiree" Jason did not like her at all for stealing his best friend away from him.

"Eric, come, play hoops. I'm throwing you a lifeline here, boy. Take it" Jason begged his best friend.

"You play basketball?"

"Yeah"

"Aren't you a little petite?"

"OK, that's it! You and me, north against south, rematch, come on! Without that accent, you're nothing, you Georgia peach! Come on!" Jason was outraged and even though she was a girl he really felt like hitting her right now.

It was after school and Josie and Eric were studying together just like they always did. Jason would usually join them except that Jason was annoyed at Eric for choosing that she 'devil' over him, his best friend of over fourteen years. So tonight it was just Eric and Josie that were studying together.

"Do you think that best friends could ever date and fall in love?" Josie turned to Eric as she put her pencil down.

"What, you mean us?" Eric's eyes widened up.

"No, I mean Carter and Amanda. It is so obvious that they like each other and they have been best friends forever so there is a connection there" Josie reassured Eric, hoping he didn't think she was talking about him and her.

"I don't think we should meddle. These things have to happen naturally" Eric turned his head to face Josie.

"Speaking of our friends, why do they constantly tell us that we like each other!?" Josie turned her chair to face Eric even more.

"They do it all the time!" Eric turned his chair even more to face her.

"Just because we have been best friends almost our entire lives" Josie said.

"Does not mean that we like each other" Eric said, glad that him and Josie are on the same page.

"Are you sure about that?" Amy had walked into the kitchen to make dinner.

"MOM!" Eric yelled in annoyance.

"Sorry but come on you two would be so cute together" Amy smiled.

"It's not like that" Eric stared at his Mom.

"Oh Eric" Amy sighed as she went to prepare dinner.

"Do we give people the impression that we like each other?" Josie was curious.

"I think people kinda expected us to be a thing just because we are so comfortable with each other because we are best friends" Eric took a guess that, that may be the reason for why everyone thinks they have a thing for each other.

"But we don't. No way" Josie went back and grabbed her pencil to continue to study.

"No way" Eric went back to studying.

"Teenagers in denial" Amy whispered underneath her breath as she started to peel the carrots.

Later that night Josie had decided to stay over for dinner with the Matthews family.

"Thanks for letting me stay for dinner" Josie thanked them.

"You welcome Josie, you are always welcomed here" Amy smiled at her, as she passed the potatoes to Josie.